Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody Stayed at The Grand Hotel Zell an See?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of booking a room here for next Jan 2010 while I am in Zell in March.

I have read mixed reviews on the web, it will be the first time I have gone skiing as a family for a couple of years and want to do it right if you know what I mean

They have a special offer on for most of January where children stay free with 2 full paying adults and quite fancy one of their suites at 170 euro per person half board per night. they look very nice, being 2 storey, with an open fire ( lit for an extra 7 euro a night! ) and your own sauna in the room! !

When I go skiing on my own I generally do it on the cheap, but this will be our main family holiday of 2010. We are not going away somewhere hot in the summer, so as you can see I want it to be really nice

Some of the reviews said it was noisy, dirty and snobby staff. Has anybody been to stay there and how do you rate it?

All advice welcome thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed last year.

Basically its not as good as it looks from the outside, but that said it looks incredible from the outside. My wife, child and myself stayed for a week in march in one of the suites (I think we paid 280 a night?). I would advise against the suite as the living area is no good, the couch is too small. A good dbl bedroom does the trick and cost significantly less.

Ask for a lake view room and you wake up to one of the most incredibel views in the Alps each morning. The hotel restuarant is really with pleanty of choice and it has a fairly decent wellness centre.

I liked it but next time I would go I would just go for a superior double room.

The issue about the noise on the websites, (something to do with trains) is just silly - you don't notice them. As for the staff they were fine, certianly not snobby and the place wasn't in anyway dirty.

Go for it - its the best in the town and Zell am See is perfect as a family destination.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blades, I've stayed there winter and summer. Never noticed snobby staff or noise apart from the odd train. Great setting but a schlep to the lifts. Personally, I'd prefer staying up near the lift in somewhere like the Berner.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never statyed there, but is that the hotel that's featured in the final episode of Band of Brothers? (In the episode, the 506th parachute regiment use it as thier command post in the final months of WW2)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no_snow_in_swindon,

Dont know, but I hope the para's have moved out now, I dont want to be fighting off invading German Stormtroopers of a morning, when all I will be armed with would be a crusty bread roll Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
blades, I've been to Zell more times than I can count.

I'm sure you'll find the grand Ok as many people do, though it may interest you to know that my wife and I refer to it as the "once was grand"

The actual setting is spectacular, although as Bode Swiller says it is about as far away from the lift as it is possible to be in Zell, which TBH is not really that far. Which hotel you do book depends on what degree of compromise you want between lift access and central location. Look at Zell on Google earth to get an idea, it is not a big place.

The hotel is separated from the rest of the town by the railway, which is the main line from Innsbruck to Salzburg and has a few trains an hour, though you won't notice the trains on winter nights when the windows are shut. There are level crossings and underpasses galore.

Killian is a bit optimistic describing it as the best in town, not true, the Salzburgerhof is the best, however it is mainly used by Germans and thus does not make it onto English language review sites. It is also too expensive.

My personal favourite and recommendation is the Tirolerhof, here's a link to it on Trip Advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g608666-d500350-Reviews-Hotel_Tirolerhof-Zell_am_See_Austrian_Alps.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed here for a few nights a couple of years ago. It's situated sort of half way between the heart of the town and the lifts so it's not too much of a walk to anywhere.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Won a holiday to The Grand 2 years ago. I loved it, but it was all free!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy