Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner snowboard hire, lessons and lift pass in Sauze d'Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowheads,

This is my first post so please be gentle.

I have booked my first snowboarding holiday to Sauze d'Oulx, going Feb 8th for a week.

Being complete beginners the tour op suggested a beginner snowboards pack (level-0) as a cost of £270 per person. This includes equipment hire, lessons and beginner lift pass.

I am trying to keep the cost of this holiday down as much as possible without ruining it. Therefore I wanted to check with Snowheads before parting with £540 of my hard earned cash, to see if £270pp is a competitive price, or whether I could save more by organizing it myself?..

Many thanks,

Drew.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello

I have never been to the resort myself - however like you I am going on the 8th feb! see you there!

But in my experience it is best to sort it out yourself, search the net for deals. Like I said though I haven't been to this resort but find holiday companies do over charge. I have just got our ski pass for cheaper rather than going through Inghams!

Have a great time - a warning though - you will be hooked!!!!!

Enjoy

Caroline
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Big_Drew, £270 sounds like a good deal. To be honest a lift pass alone for a week is usually a min £150 and then when you add on lessons (£100+) and hire (£80) then you have a bargain. I booked into that kind of package when I went to Andorra even though I wasnt a beginner. They just give you a voucher for lessons and off you go. Brilliant.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
[Hi Drew, we (4) are heading to sauze the same week so maybe see you ther too, we are at the Stella alpina. I personally think the beginners pack is always a good option untill you get the hang of things. Everything in 1 basket and lets you get on with learning... Have a great time Very Happy ]
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As an aside I met my wife in the Schuss bar half way up the high street on the left and down the stairs wink

Tip 1

Try and get to bed before 3am otherwise you may not get ful value for your £270 Embarassed

Tip 2

Learn to ski first. It's quicker and involves much less pain. Modern skis are snowboards but you don't have your legs shackled NehNeh

Tip 3

If you really must board get some wrist guards and something to protect your bum Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First Time Ski packages are normally great value. In my experience if you add cost lift pass, tuition and equipment hire together I am pretty sure you will find it considerably cheaper than sorting out each part of ski pack separately.Also I expect as last year due to exchange rate fluctuations it may be cheaper to book before you go rather than buy in resort.

Have a great time Drew
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can I suggest getting some form of padding for your behind and elbows and wrist guards. Improvising padding in resort (two pairs of shorts under trousers and stuffing back pockets full of soft stuff isn't very effective, although quite amusing to watch) and it would almost certainly be cheaper in the UK. More knowledgeable people than me will be able to suggest useful fitness exercises so that you progress quickly - my only experience is watching my OH learning on a glacier in summer (definitely not recommended) and trying to suggest padding options while not falling over from laughing. I was learning to ski at the time, and had nowhere near as many bruises, and managed to avoid falling in the stream and puddle/lake at the bottom of the glacier - so also managed to avoid being wet!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am going with our work gang in January and the ski pass for the week is €184 (going through Crystal ski)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone have any ski school preferences in Sauze? 1 2 weeks beginner, and 1 snowboarding child.....

Thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got back last sunday and the conditions are great.
There was a big group of us all different levels, so the beginners joined ski school at sportinia and left their skis and boots up there in ski lockers (free when booking skis and boots from skiinitaly.com) the rest of us are good off piste and piste skiers so we always skied back down to resort.
Lunch time self serice at sportinia capana king good value for money. Paddies and Mira funky bar great fun, live music at vagabondi on our late nights out. Ski bus this year is free so just hop onto the bus to get to sportinia.
If you want to save lots of money book your skis, pass etc locally through christine, just send her an email christine @ skiinitaly.com.
Got some great k2 extreme twin tips for a fantastic price with free ski locker or helmet hire and also saved 5€ on lift pass ,22€ on ski school.
snow reports seem to say it should snow all this week and dump it on friday.....so enjoy
Sean
p.s lift pass price €175, ski school €128 ski hire from €50 from christine@skiinitaly.com )cheapest we found on the web
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy