Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade reporting!

Poster: A snowHead
I posted this on the general Austria snow thread but thought I'd do another one too

fantastic skiing conditions here over the weekend, here are some photos of our boys at the top of the new Kingscab Gondola in Muehlbach on Sunday in the snow,

then the rest are on the Hochkeil area which was deserted yesterday.Reports say about 80 cms on the mountains.

Deb
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantabulous snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely lovely lovely. I hope the lads had fun. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
djfletcher, I'm there from Friday for 8 nights (staying in Radstadt at flangesax's hotel). Can't wait.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's the report for the Schladming area at the moment?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
djfletcher, snowtastic!!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Really does look lovely! snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
djfletcher, Just sneaked over to ski amade for a few days and skied Zauchansee, Haus, Schladming and Flachau. Slopes not too busy sunday & monday and practically empty on tuesday at Flachau when the sun was shining picture postcard style.

Only another five weeks to go till were back again, Yippee...! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dont think I should keep my laptop anywhere near the bedroom, just 'felt the need' for a 2.30am peek at the webcams...
on the positive front ...still snowing Very Happy snowHead http://www.radstadt.com/webcam/stadtplatz1.htm
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
this damn global warming is really killing early season skiing ain't it Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski wrote:

Happy

Lets hope this is the start of a fantastic winter season
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arlberg wrote:
kitenski wrote:

Humph!

Am kind of hoping it'll do the same to the late season as well.

Thinking about April already!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How is the snow in Maria Alm? We are coming 3rd January.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Herr Hefski,

Pretty good so far in Schladming according to the webcams and snow reports. 90% open.

six weeks today we'll be there!!! snowHead

http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Austria/Schladming_snow_report.html

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Austria/Schladming_webcams.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking excellent for the region this year. Can't wait to get out there!!!
snow report
Just got back from a week in Maria Alm. Fantastic place - cant understand how it's managed to stay off the tourist route. Although the snow last fell on new years day the conditions on the piste were very good, they really look after the slopes. Only disappointment was that red 9 was closed so had to bus rather than ski to link up with the next mountain. I wonder if red 9 really exists Puzzled
snow report
Quote:

I wonder if red 9 really exists

Oh yes it does! I skiied it a few years ago in good conditions and it was a dream. Skiied it the following day when it had rained and I took a really bad fall, horrible whiplash (I heard my neck crunching as I fell and lay there scared to check if everything still moved...). I've skiied in Maria Alm for the last 5 years and absolutely love it and we're there again next week Very Happy

The only problem with red 9 is that you have to take your skis off at the bottom and walk across the road - beats taking the bus though...
snow conditions
Just got back from Wagrain/Alpendorf...

Snowed last night (about 6cm) over most of Amade. The bashers are busy at the mo trying to pack it all back down ready for Feb.
livened up a little of the off piste again though, little tracks were skiable along with other areas ?(although you could still feel whatever laid underneath!).

Bit weird at one bit... was it piste or pow??... I will never know as I managed to slide under corner netting at speed Happy
snow report
This year i'd like to ski the Hochkonig area. flangesax, have you skied there and what's it like? It's not far from Maria Alm so chaletlizard, did you get over there?

Cheers
ski holidays
Kersh wrote:
This year i'd like to ski the Hochkonig area. flangesax, have you skied there and what's it like? It's not far from Maria Alm so chaletlizard, did you get over there?

Cheers

I must say its amazing!!! wink wink But i would say that!!

Let me know when you are coming over and we can have a ski together.

It is on the same ski system as Maria Alm but it does take all day to ski there and back.

Skiing here is excellent at the moment especially after the new snow-no queues and nobody on the slopes !! That will change when we get in to February.
ski holidays
djfletcher, I forgot you were there. rolling eyes I'll be over on the 13th March but not sure when i'll venture over your way. Will PM you nearer the time. Hochkonig does seam to be an area that is likely to be quiet and the scenery round there is great!
ski holidays
Looks like Ski Amade is getting a fair amount of fresh snow at the moment. Bad Gastein looking very white on the cams this morning and it was snowing hard at the Schladming night race yesterday!!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
Quote:

Schladming night race yesterday!!!

tell me about it! Waynos and I got totally drenched! Awsome night though!

remind me nearer the time Kersh and we will try to hook up... maybe over the Maria Alm way??...
snow report
Stuck at. Salzburg at the moment waiting for. Stansted to reopen. Maria. Alm and. Hochkoenig in good condition still, temps up a bit midweek but not too bad. Another dump would be nice but not essential. I've also skiied. Red 9 but it's not open at the moment. Some talk on Maria AlmSki school website about linking. Aberg to Gabueul which would be great, here's hoping for next seasonl
ski holidays
Seany, is flight delay on ryanair? I'm due out on the 18:00 from standsted to salzburg. Looks like the 11:50 is delayed as its current status is "boarding" at 12:50.
ski holidays
Yes, Ryanair. We were delayed by 1.5 hours in the end which wasn't too bad. I think we were lucky to make it back when we did, they announced quite a few cancellations when we arrived, hope you get out ok...
snow report
Seany, Made it here with only a 20min delay Smile Had some family out here last weekend, were due to fly back monday to stansted but were delayed until wed! They came back to schladming for an extra couple of days holiday. Pretty warm here right now, +4. Forecast to cool down over weekend and hopefully snow but could be the english snow I've got used to this week, as in very wet.
snow report
Sat was spring like, +5, slushing up. Good fun. Sunday started with light snow and cooler temps, got heavier during day, still snowing steady now. Skied at reiteralm, onw of the 4 hills of schladming. By late afternoon was enjoying 20cm of fresh snow above the tree line and into the higher trees. Lower down less fresh and a very crusty base that made for some fun turns in the trees. The piste higher up were powdered up later on with hardly anyone around unlike yesterday when the sun was out. What do all these fair weather skiers do on snowy days, personally i love skiing when its dumping particularly when there so much tree skiing to be had around here. Gutted that I'm flying back this evening, tomorrow should be a cracking powder day. Come on ryanair cancel my flight, I heard there was a snowflake detected in SE England, that should be excuse enough!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have just made a skiamade appreciation group on facebook.... please get posting!!

http://www.facebook.com/photoselect.php?oid=55105482341&aid=89088#/group.php?gid=55105482341

Ta!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy