Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck - St Anton By Train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Every website i read says that this train journey is a straightforward, simple one.

The train company website seems to confirm this, showing trains running fairly regularly (even on Sundays) and only taking an hour or so.

However... the German version of the website seems to suggest that prebooking tickets is a must for this train.
The English version says no such thing, presumably because it is not possible to pre book tickets from the UK.

Anyone taken this train? Is it easy enough to turn up, but a ticket and get on?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magic_hat, easy enough to turn up and buy tickets at station. Dead straightforward although thanks to a new tunnel (avoiding Landeck) it may be quicker getting taxi, and possibly cheaper depending on your numbers in the party? www.innsbruck-taxi.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its easy you do not have to pre book. Austrians & Swiss like to have reserved seats so they pre-book. Depends what time your travelling but you should be able to find a free seat (without the reservation tab) .
The only advantage with pre-booking is that you could save a bit of money with, I think 7 days in advance you get a supersaver fare.

You can book online via

http://www.oebb.at/pv/en/Servicebox/Online-Ticket/index.jsp
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At peak times it's better to book seats (e.g. school holiday, easter etc). Lugging your ski equipment up and down a train to find a seat(s) can be a real pain.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One money saving trick in Austria, is if 4 people ttravel together on the same ticket there is a good discount.
This worked out at about 1/3 off going from Salzburg to St Anton.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually, you can get a discount for just 2 people travelling the same trip, called the "1-PLUS-Freizeitticket".

As the others have suggested, you can pre-book, but I have never had an issue getting a seat.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very easy, but I'd stay near the train station in innsbruck. There are many hotels between the train station and the old town. have fun
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy