Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plucky Little Belgium, oh, and the Vosges

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Noticed the north of France getting some snow clouds on the BBC forecast last weekend. La Bresse, in the Vosges, seems to be merrily snowmaking. Any news on the plucky little Belgian 'resorts'?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well we're having about 20 cm at the moment, with the following resorts having cross country runs open: Botrange, Baraque Michel, Elsenborn. Alpin ski runs were opened last week, but have closed now. May open again by the weekend.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Years ago when we drove to Switzerland for our winter holidays we used to stop off at Bussang in the Vosges. Lovely place. The food at the auberge where we used to stay was out of this world.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Bresse was the scene for my discovery of and subsequent falling in love with skiing. At the time I never understood how lucky it was, but I set off in 1992 - with the family of my French penfriend - from Calais with the current state of play in the Vosges being no snow at resort level and only 20cm on the tops. We stopped for lunch and my penfriend rang his family, to be met with the news that it was dumping hard. "We might get some skiing at least" he explained.

By the time we got to Epinal the autoroute was down to 5mph and the blizzard was immense. We finally got into our chalet in La Bresse at 8pm, ate and collapsed into bed. The next morning we awoke to the sound of penfriend's father shovelling a path out of the SIXTY CENTIMETRES of fresh that had fallen.

I didn't appreciate the glorious powder on the nursery slope that morning - but certainly did in the afternoon, when my penfriend and his brother insisted that I was ready for the blues and reds - it was that powder that cushioned my tens of high speed falls!

I've never had a bluebird powder day like it since...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ovifat has been open for a couple of weeks - currently closed but forecast snow over the next few days and according to a webcam I was just looking at there's still a good base for x-country.

SOOOO glad I no longer live in that village - shovel the drive to get the car out in the morning, shovel the drive to get the car in after work. Rinse, lather, repeat. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy