Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski trip with kids to Montreal - need advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Preamble:

2 of my kids (current age 7 & 11) took an 8-week program in St. Louis Moonstone last year and got comfortable on the green and blue slopes there. They also tried the blacks but were mostly controlling their speed (I think they reached level 3 or 4, whatever that means).
This year we've decided to enrol them again so I hope they will improve further.

Now for the question:

I promised them that I'll take them to a "better" mountain this year after the program. That means driving outside of Ontario.
I heard recommendations about Mont Tremblant and some about other mountains like Sutton, Bromont, etc.

We'll be going on a mid-February long weekend (family day). Driving from Toronto, just me and the kids.
If we go to Tremblant, that means ~7 hour drive each way, single driver. Probably closer to 9 including stops.
Other locations in Quebec are OK if they are not much further. VT (and probably even NY) locations are too far.

What resort(s), in your opinion, would give the best overall experience to the kids?

Since it's our first time doing such trip, I'd like to maximize the enjoyment value.
On the other hand, I too have a bit of a liquidity problem (but no government is standing in line to bail me out) so I need to find a good deal on accommodations, meals, etc.

Also, since it will be my first time in Quebec and on a ski trip in particular, I would need some advice as to where to stay, what to do, etc.

Thanks,
Alex.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy