Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for Austria / Switzerland - mixed ability group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Been a while, but nice to be back!

We are looking to break free of the clutches of France and head a little further afield this year. Austria and Switzerland seem to be the countries of choice. We ar going the last week of January

We are a mixed group of 4. 1 near beginner, 1 person who has skiied for about a week or so and 2 solid intermediates.

The ideal would be somewhere with plenty of good wide pistes, blue/reds to keep everyone happy but somewhere with sufficient green runs to let the beginner prosper. I tend to be a bit of a mileage hound, so somewhere with plenty of decent length pistes!

My 10 mins of research seem to be pointing towards Lech or Verbier....but all advice happily accepted.

Any recommendations for cheap/good value accomodation for 4 would be great too.

Also, just to add to the complication - we are planning on making a road trip of it so nowhere tooo remote!

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tomski01, Lech is one of my favourite places in the planet and would fit the bill for you. Might struggle to find cheap accomodation though. http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at2/_area/585621/_subArea/585774/_inc/live-camera/index.html good for finding rooms. I prefer to stay in Oberlech as it's ski in ski out - http://www.oberlech.com/winter_en/index.html That said I doubt if Verbier would be much cheaper???
Have you thought of Saalbach or Obergurgl?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd go with that .... Lech is a great place. I went there with 2 weeks under my belt and had no probs at all.

Have fun
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saalbach would be perfect.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lech is great, not sure if it is ideal for a near beginner but if they are quite confident and likely to learn quickly they'll be fine. I would probably go for it over Verbier purely for the type of skiing you are looking for. My only advice on accomm would be to get a guest house or apartment the quality is way better than most French or swiss apartments and hotels but the flipside is it there isn't anywhere really cheap. Had a text from a friend of mine who lives there and she was getting face shots yesterday so the snow is shaping up well. Enjoy!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Crans-Montana in Switz.

One thing to bear in mind: they generally don't have "greens" outside of france, the easiest pistes are classed blue.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy