Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stuben - hotels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked in at Hotel Hubertushof with wife and kids for end of Feb. Looks pretty good from website but wondered if any of you guys have stayed/eaten there and if so what's it like. Also can you ski to piste?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice Hotel.Food Good (Gourmet). 1 minute to Chair Lift.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers stanton, Have stayed at Montana in Oberlech last couple of years and this looked equally as good but at half the price.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boabski wrote:
cheers stanton, Have stayed at Montana in Oberlech last couple of years and this looked equally as good but at half the price.

Oberlech = Monaco
Stuben = France

Stuben is birth place of Hannes Schneider
http://www.haus-schneider.at/Welcome-Frameset.html

Which has a nice lunch Cafe often overlooked by folks doing the circuits from St Anton.

Some things have to give in the credit crunch but 50% I say thats a deal Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton, even managed to get a nice black and white print of him and some others from the Lech tourist office Smile Always love going to the Berghaus for lunch in Stuben Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski wrote:
stanton, even managed to get a nice black and white print of him and some others from the Lech tourist office Smile Always love going to the Berghaus for lunch in Stuben Cool
#

Sorry The Berghaus I avoid. The food is not that good (As its a tourist trap) for the price, in fact most of it is just warmed up pre-packaged food.
I tend to walk a bit further to The Post where you can just order what you want off the menu Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with Stanton on Haus Schneider - had quite a few nice lunches in there. Good food, fair price, and nice atmosphere. It is a few minutes walk from the lifts, but we have ski locks, so we chain our skis to the racks near the church, which makes the rest of the walk up the street much easier.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ulmerhutte, stanton, what's your views on the Mondschein as my sister is going there with her man and kids at Easter? Looking forward to trying Haus Schneider if you think the Berghaus sucks - my mate loves the Rosti at Berghaus and the pizzas and gulaschsuppe are excellent
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boabski wrote:
ulmerhutte, stanton, what's your views on the Mondschein as my sister is going there with her man and kids at Easter? Looking forward to trying Haus Schneider if you think the Berghaus sucks - my mate loves the Rosti at Berghaus and the pizzas and gulaschsuppe are excellent

Allways worry's me when Austrian restaurants serve up foreign food Very Happy

Save the Rosti for Switzerland, Pizza for Italy & Goulash for Hungary its always better there.

The Hotel Post Lunch Terrace (In good Weather) serves superior quality food for a good price.

http://www.hotelpost.com/

The Mondschein is a historic Hotel in the centre of Stuben very traditional and klassik Austrian (beautiful) , fantastic michelin star gourmet restaurant.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boabski - I am not familiar with the Mondschein, so I will not comment.

Don't listen to Stanton, the gulaschsuppe is excellent in many places in St Anton! Actually, the pizza at Palmengrat, top of the Zug chair, is also pretty damn good. NehNeh
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy