Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cairgorms this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to north of Inverness Thursday - Sunday to visit my mum so might fit in a day skiing in the Cairngorms if conditions seem good.

1. What's the best site for reports on conditions ?

2. I presume ski / boot hire OK. Can't be @rsed to drag my own gear up there as this is a last minute decision and have only done hand-luggage option with airline ?

Cheers folks

P.S. Anyone got an inkling of whether there will be enough snow / good conditions Friday / Saturday ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Keep an eye on Winterhighland for the best details and news from the slopes as well as discussion of what's happening - www.winterhighland.info

On the hill hire is reportedly pretty ropey so if hiring you'd be better off using one of the shops in Aviemore; Ellis Brigham, Nevisport etc. Their kit is vastly better by all accounts and some of them will let you demo this seasons skis for the price of a days hire.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dsoutar, If you have them, take your custom moulded footbeds with you. Remember to take them out and replace the rental ones when you've finished Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

P.S. Anyone got an inkling of whether there will be enough snow / good conditions Friday / Saturday ?

As above, Winterhighland website is a good start - click on a resort and the five day forecast appears at the right hand side.

For a very detailed forecast visit:

http://www.mwis.org.uk/areas.php

Bear in mind that if Cairngorm is stormy/windy/possibly out of bounds, The Lecht may be open - it's lower so can be be less windy/more open. It's a great little set up/area with short runs - but very enjoyable with some steeper bits to keep you amused.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If you have them, take your custom moulded footbeds with you. Remember to take them out and replace the rental ones when you've finished

This brings back last easter's Verbier nightmare...... Skullie

I hired touring kit in Verbier & had a great 4 days on part of the Haute Route. However, I left my custom footbeds in the hire boots & didn't realise until I went to put my normal boots on the day after taking all the kit back. Went back to the shop to find they had realised and taken them out. However, the lad who had done so wasn't in until the afternoon and they couldn't find my insoles - but they didn't like to ring him and disturb him on his morning off.....A few phone calls later he hadn't turned up for work and they hadn't been able to contact him....By this point my thoughts were turning to catching my flight home that night from Geneva...More calls to the shop. Still no insoles and bizarrely the shop unwilling to take my card details and charge me for posting them to me. This was April and they suggested I should pick them up next winter or whenever I was next in Verbier.....I eventually got a call (as I finished skiing and was about to trail all the way back up to the shop - near Savoleyres lift for those in the know - to say they'd found them!! Hoorah!! Time was then ridiculously tight - so Mrs MA was left to pack our skis/boots/kit as I legged it to the shop and back - catching the train from Le Chable to the airport with about a minute to spare.

Then found out from the sternest ticket inspector ever (Herr Blakey??) - who went completely and totally unreasonably over the top with the hapless tourists - that that we were supposed to buy a ticket in advance for the train and that failure to do so was just about the worst crime that can be committed in Switzerland....but that's another story altogether......
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
^ oh blimey, that sounds like a complete nightmare! Shocked

Good you got 'em back though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy