Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts easily accessed from Paris?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the south of France on a business trip in mid Jan and will be flying through Paris Charles de Gaulle airport.

I'm wondering if it is worth taking a few days off to ski before heading back since I'm not paying for flights Smile Which resorts are easily accessed from Paris on the cheap? I've not skied over in France yet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably depends if you hire a car or not. If not, then it will any resorts close to Bourg St. Maurice or Moutier, so Les Arcs / La Plagne or 3V. There is a funicular from Bourg directly to Les Arcs
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
narc, many resorts are accessible from the South of France too
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
narc,

Most if not all ski resorts are nearer to the "South of France" than to Paris.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The five closest resorts to Paris distance wise are:
Closest ski area - Le Lioran (France) 427 km
Second closest ski area - Thollon les Mémises (France) 430 km
Third closest ski area - Morzine (France) 440 km
Fourth closest ski area - Feldberg (Germany) 443 km
Fifth closest ski area - Les Gets (France)444 km

I drove from Paris to Tignes earlier in the year to have a weekend up at the glacier. Ended up being a pretty long drive and the the traffic around Paris was appalling on the way back- gridlock for hours. Had the transfers from the station to the resort been easier in early October we would have taken the train. For a short trip I'd defo avoid driving.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One of your options is to take the sleeper train that leaves Paris and takes you direct to Bagneres de Luchon where you can then ski either Superbagneres or Peyragudes. No car needed, and you will not have a problem finding accommodation. (You could try us of course).

By the way tons of snow and both resorts opened early this year. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I should have said that the resorts I posted above are obviously likely to be the most accessible by car. Taking the train opens up a much larger choice and will likely be quicker.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a good train service to Chamonix and back during the season, with couchettes on the late ones. I would recommend Chambre Neuf by the train station for accomm.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I will be staying in Bordeaux but travelling from there means the company won't pay for my flight back, so it needs to be Paris! I will def want to train it, I'm not a fan of the hassle of car hire for this short trip and I want to keep the cost down. If I cost it out and don't end up saving much money over a cheap flight from the UK to Geneva + train.

Thanks for the suggestions in this thread for far.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
narc, aha, I think there has been an element of confusion - Bordeaux isn't really the south of france....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy