Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes, club hotel curling or terrachu ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has any of you got any experience of the crystal club hotel's in Tignes ?

Looking at the Curling or Terrachu (which is £150 cheaper than the curling) and they are both rated as 3 star.

any help would be most appreciated !

cheers

Al
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have stayed at the Terrachu - cheap and basic. It has a bar, a functional dining room. Located on the shore of le lac, not a long walk to the lifts. I would go back (if a cheap deal).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've stayed at the Curling a few times. Good location in Val Claret: you can ski to/from it reasonably closely, and it has a several bars, restaurants and clubs within staggering distance, including the Crowded House which is in the hotel's basement as well as the small bar in the hotel itself. Rooms are spacious enough and all have balconies I think. Food has always been OK for me, although one year the service was incredibly slow (although that was a pre-season trip so they might not have been fully up to speed that year).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Rob and perv !

Think I will book the curling but will a bit of a downgrade from Les Campanules, where I stayed two years ago (food was to die for !)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Curling is above the Crowded House bar - be warned.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
2planks wrote:
Has any of you got any experience of the crystal club hotel's in Tignes ?

Looking at the Curling or Terrachu (which is £150 cheaper than the curling) and they are both rated as 3 star.

any help would be most appreciated !

cheers

Al

2planks, send me a pm for a quote, u never know?! Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've stayed at both. Curling is by far the best in terms of the convenience, accomodation, food etc. But the Terrachu is in a much nicer setting on the shore of the lake in le Lac

Curling is a lot closer to the lifts than Terrachu, it's about 2min walk to Tufs, mostly on snow. In fact you can often ski all the way back to the door (though you aren't meant to!). You'll probably want to catch the bus from the Terrachu (stop is 50yds down the road - the path from the road to the front door is quite steep) when you are kitted out, but it's a nice stroll along the lake shore in the evening into Lac.

PS - never noticed any noise from the Crowded House whilst we were at Curling (well, except when we were in there!)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alpaka thanks for the offer but work in the Industry, so get nice big discounts snowHead

Thanks for the replies have booked Club hotel Curling now, not expecting much but as long as the food is good and room is warm and clean that's all I need (and a bar with a Happy hour nearby!!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im staying @ the Terrachu from the 3rd of Jan. Any more advice about there would be nice.

Like how far is Sport 2000 - Guy Clarey ski hire from the chalet.

Also how close to the chalett is the gondola Aeroski up to Toviere. I seem to think it must be quite close as I have stayed in Val Claret before.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry, both about 3 minutes' walk - they're on opposite sides of the main ski school meeting area. A quicker way onto the slopes on a busy morning is to head uphill from the lakeside road to a drag lift, which quickly gets you up and away from any queues.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sproggski wrote:
Renry, both about 3 minutes' walk - they're on opposite sides of the main ski school meeting area. A quicker way onto the slopes on a busy morning is to head uphill from the lakeside road to a drag lift, which quickly gets you up and away from any queues.

Be warned it's a steep climb through someone's back yard and not always easy in deep snow. But it is the best way!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevew, My mate used to ski right back to the road at the back of the Terrachu when we stayed there a few years back, gardens and all Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We ( 3 families ) stayed in the Terrachu the week before Christmas last year. Mine and another family had the rooms which have their own front doors and face on to a wooden decking area , overlooking the frozen lake , so you walk a short distance to get to the front door.

The rooms were " superior " ( ie 3 of the 5 lamps worked as opposed to say 1 ) but they were big , for French rooms , for the 4 of us warm and comfortable with a modern bathroom.

Our friends in another quad room in the main building were not happy - very basic . Food was OK , bar pleasant , staff generally tried their best but it was very much down to a budget . For example, the coffee was instant !

If we had paid say half term prices I would not have been impressed but for what we paid in one of the cheapest weeks it was fair value.

The views from the hotel were great and the kids loved playing in the snow and on the lake. It took us about 7 or 8 minutes to get along to the ski school meet place ( and the Toviere , ski hire etc ) by walking along the lake which was a good way to start the day. The road was busy and no good for kids in boots , carrying skis .

The ESF tuition for the kids was excellent , small classes ( one of my daughters had 1:1 all week and learnt tons ) . We had a very good time , esp as we had a large dump of snow as we arrived.

But now we go with the smaller operators who are streets ahead for our needs.

John
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy