Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good all mountian lessons Courchevel 1650

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some good coaching we may do private or if the groups are'nt big may go for that not keen on ESF I have heard that Alan Baxter's Father in Law runs ski supreme or something like that has anybody anymore info, has it would be good to be able to ski all the Mountian safely, also looking to do avalanche safety course would that be the same company. There for 3 weeks so could book when arrive rather than pre book wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alain's father-in-law, Kenny and his Mum Sue both work for Supreme, which has a good reputation. They operate mainly out of C1850, but it's easy to get there on skis or by the resort shuttle. Another option for you would be New Generation who also have a good reputation. I don't think either do an avalanche safety course as such, but if you book private lessons with them they would be able to help develop off-piste skills as well as talk to you about mountain safety.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Book privates with John Gass at New Generation 1650.

It's also easy to go from 1850 from were I'd recommend either New Gen's Euan McLeish or Andy Humphries.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another option for private lessons would be Roy Henderson who teaches for New Generation: he runs mountain safety courses for ski instructors on behalf of BASI. He's an easy-going instructor and knows his snowcraft pretty well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Alain's father-in-law, Kenny and his Mum Sue both work for Supreme, which has a good reputation. They operate mainly out of C1850, but it's easy to get there on skis or by the resort shuttle. Another option for you would be New Generation who also have a good reputation. I don't think either do an avalanche safety course as such, but if you book private lessons with them they would be able to help develop off-piste skills as well as talk to you about mountain safety.

Thanks for the info just had a look at your apart in les Arcs looks pretty good we have booked an apart at the top end of 1650 but it does not look as good, looking at the photo's. maybe next year. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
peteski, you won't be disappointed with Courchevel - it's a wonderful resort.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon wrote:
Book privates with John Gass at New Generation 1650.

It's also easy to go from 1850 from were I'd recommend either New Gen's Euan McLeish or Andy Humphries.

Hi John
Its that guy form Brum you showed how to look after his ski's last year thanks for the info Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
peteski, you won't be disappointed with Courchevel - it's a wonderful resort.

Been to 3V a good few times but never ventured off piste to much, bought the Les Cles Des 3 Vallees by Didier Givois and got inspired so thought why not give it a go.
Did a little off piste a few years back in La Plagne with an ESF instructor he had a french/new zealand accent nice guy he took us over brown trouser ridge can't remember what peak it was off or his name. Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Supreme Ski is a great ski school. We've had a lot of private lessons from Gareth Roberts there over the years. They are based over at 1850 but it is a doddle to get between the two using the shuttle bus, or depending on times of lessons, ski over. I haven't had lessons from New Gen but have had discussions with Tom re doing a Level 2 course, and he was very helpful too, regarding my disability - I would imagine you'd get a good deal from them too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
or Patsi Duncan sorted me out with a teacher - he was very good. Sadly my memory is not he was a scottish ISTD called Alan...

http://www.skiexcel.com/private-ski-instructors-school-courchevel-meribel-la-tania.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Both those ski schools are good as many of my previous guests liked them.
There was a school called magic in motion that was also very good, i think they may have joined up with either supreme or the ski acadamy.
I would guess that if you booked private lessons they would come to you. All the ski schools will be able to organise off piste or at least put you in touch with a guide.

There is an avalanche transever training area near the bottom of the Suisse chairlift that you can just turn up at, you dont need to book. It would be best to check its open 1st because it's not always open, they normally say on radio courchevel in the morning.

If you just starting off piste there are lots of places around 1650 but it does tend to get tracked out quickly.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bored@work wrote:
Both those ski schools are good as many of my previous guests liked them.
There was a school called magic in motion that was also very good, i think they may have joined up with either supreme or the ski acadamy.
I would guess that if you booked private lessons they would come to you. All the ski schools will be able to organise off piste or at least put you in touch with a guide.

There is an avalanche transever training area near the bottom of the Suisse chairlift that you can just turn up at, you dont need to book. It would be best to check its open 1st because it's not always open, they normally say on radio courchevel in the morning.

If you just starting off piste there are lots of places around 1650 but it does tend to get tracked out quickly.

I never seen the training by suisse I have to keep my ears & eyes open for that one Madeye-Smiley Ther used to be one at the bottom of the plan des mains chair over in Vallon but not sure who run these Razz
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Check out this piste map link,

http://www.s3v.com/ftelechargeables/389923893865741.pdf

If you zoom in just above the alitport, at the bottom of the Suisses lift, there is a black and yellow shield for the avalanche camp.

It's easy to miss when skiing as it's only a small hut and a fenced off area on the left hand side and your probably concentrating on maintaining your speed on the undulating altiport run.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know some great ski instructor, who teach in Courchevel and Meribel. Nice, fun and good teachers. If you need I can give you their contacts.
Just be carefull with all these ski instructors and ski school. A lot are not qualified to teach in private lessons (it takes five years to complete the diploma, and before you are just a student who should be working only under another instructor supervision), and even if they just look fine, if any accident happen they won't be insured...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
peteski wrote:

I never seen the training by suisse I have to keep my ears & eyes open for that one Madeye-Smiley Ther used to be one at the bottom of the plan des mains chair over in Vallon but not sure who run these Razz

I know this thread is a couple of months old now, but I missed it first ime around. The avalanche camps are run by the ski patrol, who use them for their own practice, as do many of the lifties. They are open permanently (unless the equipment is not working properly), as they are self service. There will be a control panel on the hut, which you use to program your "number of victims" and "time limit". You then use your ARVA to find the buried beacons. Once found, you tap it two or three times with your probe, and the control panel beeps to let you know that you were sucessful.

Normally on a couple of days a week (Sat and Wed, 10am-noon at Meribel), the ski patrollers will be there to give a short explanation about searching for victims, how to use your ARVA, how to use the avalanche camp and generally share their experience.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy