Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Skiers shun foreign holidays amid credit crunch"....says The Telegraph

Poster: A snowHead
Not according to this website they don't!! Very Happy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/tarvel-messageboard/3659922/Skiers-shun-foreign-holidays-amid-credit-crunch.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict, who wants to give up their ski holiday so they can go away in the summer? Not me !!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I may forego a lot of things during 2009, but I'll be very upset if skiing is one of them...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia, there are a lot of upset people around at the moment....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There was a thread on here earlier today about a family that were having to cancel their 3rd week of skiing this coming season because of the credit crunch Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, or me!! rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gave up skiing for a summer hoiliday!!?! I stayed in great britain last summer in a tent for my holidays in order to go skiing this winter. They must be the type who hit the slopes at 11am snowplough down some blues before heading for a long lunch. Not proper skiers. The fewer of them in resort the better.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

a family that were having to cancel their 3rd week of skiing...

Only 3 weeks??!! Maybe the following also applies in that case??
Quote:

Not proper skiers. The fewer of them in resort the better.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jings! slopes 75% quieter than previously - I hope we have a credit crunch forever NehNeh

Of course when the missing 75% discover how much they can save through 'insureandgo' they will all change their minds!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rambotion wrote:
They must be the type who hit the slopes at 11am snowplough down some blues before heading for a long lunch. Not proper skiers. The fewer of them in resort the better.

No, no, no!!! You want more of them! They pay for lift tickets, thus helping to fund improved infrastructure, while not clogging up the better part of the mountain! Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ulmerhutte wrote:
rambotion wrote:
They must be the type who hit the slopes at 11am snowplough down some blues before heading for a long lunch. Not proper skiers. The fewer of them in resort the better.

No, no, no!!! You want more of them! They pay for lift tickets, thus helping to fund improved infrastructure, while not clogging up the better part of the mountain! Smile

Spot on - there may be a few resorts/hotels/restaurants not open next year if predictions are fulfilled.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Absolutely, what harm do skiers doing a couple of blues a day do to you? You're not fighting with them in the bubble up at 8.45am; nor down at 4.15. Nor (apparently) in the restaurants. And they're not hogging your part of the dancefloor at 4am.

Do you even realise they're there? (Other than when using the brand new mega lifts they've paid for?)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict wrote:
Not according to this website they don't!! Very Happy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/tarvel-messageboard/3659922/Skiers-shun-foreign-holidays-amid-credit-crunch.html

Hmm it's a survey from 'insure and go' - so what do they expect given they seem to target 'average punters'

Now if they'd had a survey from BMC members, Skclub Insurance or Snowcard holders, then no doubt they would have got "Keen skiers still finding ways of funding their ski trips despite the credit crunch"
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Not if my incoming enquiries for New Year, half term and Easter is anything to go by. I could have sold some properties many times over for those weeks, the most expensive of the season. This week for the first time, I'm also getting enquiries for other weeks too, but the NY requests are still unabated. This is usually the case, and when logging on after Christmas last year, I had 4 enquiries for New Year, some sent to me on Christmas Day. I managed to place two out of the four, but it wasn't easy Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Everything would have to go first summer hols, car house, Wife Puzzled go on then Toofy Grin
latest report
In next summers Telegraph - Benidorm timeshare owners shun foie gras and chablis amid credit crunch....
snow report
It'd be interesting to see where and when they did their market research, the language they are using doesn't sound to me that it is a very scientific or well researched poll
snow report
Gave up summer holidays a few years ago in favour of skiing. Logic being - I can lie in the sun reading a book in my back garden, and do it only on days that are sunny, drinking nicely chilled wine and listening to the birdsong. - So why pay to do it on an expensive, busy beach listening to other peoples kids shout at each other?

My garden is however seriously lacking in both the vertical and horizontal dimensions to make it viable for skiing, so for that I travel. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Im confused? summer holiday? ... but but there's no snow!

tux
ski holidays
Chile and New Zealand of course !!!

Anyway my priority is:

Skiing
Owning 2 kidneys
Feeding children
snow report
Not a chance, ski holiday booked for end of january. We have decided not to bother with a 'sun' holiday next year, got to save the pennies in the credit crunch. If we need a break, we'll go camping for a week in Britain. But will most definately money permitting the year after have a ski holiday.

Ski holidays come first!
latest report
I'm only planning the one trip this year.
snow report
Kramer, how depresssing Sad
ski holidays
dsoutar, particularly if you are an alpine bar owner. First the Credit Crunch and now

Shocked Shocked The Kramer Crunch Shocked Shocked

There's only so much lost revenue that charlatanefc and I can make up! Laughing Laughing
snow report
tuxpoo wrote:
Im confused? summer holiday? ... but but there's no snow!

tux

there is in New Zealand... Very Happy

people who live for their sports will always find a way to go on a holiday based on the activity... people who live to go on holiday that just happens to involve a sport will find it easy to come up with reasons not to go...
ski holidays
Less skiing means a bigger pot to spend on property at the bottom of the market.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Is there much more in La Ros for you to buy Toofy Grin
latest report
shoogly, And people who just love going on holidays that just happen to involve skiing (and beer), will er, find a way to continue going on holidays that involve skiing (and beer) Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I haven't had a summer holiday since childhood...

I save it all for a winter holiday... Very Happy
snow report
The "survey" exaggerates things IMO but I'm sure we all know people who are either giving it a miss this season, downsizing the number or length of trips, staying somewhere cheaper or maybe not updating their gear. Personally, I've already been once and I'm going again sunday Cool

Why would Insure and Go talk the market down when their business relies on numbers going abroad? Seems a bit odd to me.
snow conditions
We have some pain to come but how much Puzzled
My ski trips at high priority and I have booked a few trips, the weak pound will probably curb drinking binges at resort (then again I easily lead) & I have some concern abouth the financial health of the T.O.'s & airlines.
I was reassured by Thomas Cooks increased profits and upbeat noises about forward bookings.
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/thomas-cook-profits-rise-after-capacity-cuts-1048269.html
I get the impression that bookings for new year are strong & the Feb half term will be manic.
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
I haven't had a summer holiday since childhood...

You were lucky.... I havent seen the sun since i started work down pit at the age of three... etc etc etc
latest report
dz4d1v, Watch it Evil or Very Mad Its tough being a Yorkshireman. wink
ski holidays
Lechbob, Very Happy

not the reply I was expecting.......

" You were lucky......I once had to..... etc etc etc "
snow report
Kramer wrote:

Blimey - our overpaid GPs wink spending too much on shiny bike kit?
latest report
Yorkshire ?? Hah, southern softies !! It's not even half way from London to where I was brought up wink
snow report
dsoutar wrote:
Yorkshire ?? Hah, southern softies !! It's not even half way from London to where I was brought up wink

"Damn it Hadrian, I told you to build the wall higher"
ski holidays
Anniepen wrote:

Not if my incoming enquiries for New Year, half term and Easter is anything to go by. I could have sold some properties many times over for those weeks, the most expensive of the season. This week for the first time, I'm also getting enquiries for other weeks too, but the NY requests are still unabated. This is usually the case, and when logging on after Christmas last year, I had 4 enquiries for New Year, some sent to me on Christmas Day. I managed to place two out of the four, but it wasn't easy Very Happy

I am still getting enquiries for those dates too. And ever more desperate requests for other suggestions in Serre Chevalier. I haven't booked Easter yet though.
snow report
Lechbob wrote:
dsoutar wrote:

"Damn it Hadrian, I told you to build the wall higher"

That's what happens when you ship in immigrant workers wink
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:

If its to Megeve for more than a week then the credit crunch is definitely over
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy