Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

le biot, Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dearest Snowheads

I'm staying with a group of mates in a chalet in le biot over new year and am wondering the best way to Morzine each day. Is there a good bus service or should i be planning on driving in? If driving where do i park? Is Morzine the best place to head to or is there somewhere which would be smaller lift ques with good links to the PDS? I'm glad the only question that I dont have to ask is about the snow lower down!!!! I love global warming, well this year anyway!!!!

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is Le Biot the village the other side of StJean d'Aulps?
If so, then if you drive, it would make sense to drive to Ardent lift to access PdS. Plenty of (free I think) parking. Carpark at SuperMorzine required a walk up a lethal set of steps last time I was there.

No idea about buses - some one more local will surely be along soon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would also park at Ardent if driving as it's easier than going into Morzine. There is a bus service for the Vallee d'Aulps and you can see the timetable here:

http://www.valleedaulps.com/baladaulps_bus_shuttle_vallee_aulps_ski_bus_morzine_les_gets_ecology_mountain-page_information-1667-HIVER-UK-DEPLACER.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fnch34, you will need to drive for sure. You could also drive to Chatel from le Biot and access PDS this way
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fnch34, oh, just read the bit on the link I posted:

"CAUTION: Due to important rock fall and unstable ground before The Tines Tunnel is closed until the 15th of January, 2009. Until that date, the Balad'Aulps Bus won't stop at La Baume and Le Biot villages. Then, the first bus stop is "Saint Jean d'Aulps Abbaye".

Looks like driving is the option then...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MrDan, if the tunnel's completely blocked...I doubt driving will help...

And in fact, from elsewhere on the website,

"CAUTION: Due to important rock fall and unstable ground before The Tines Tunnel (2kms before Saint Jean d' Aulps on the D902 road from Thonon) is closed until the 15th of January, 2009. The deviation by the village of Seytroux is prohibited to vehicles weighing over 3,5 tons. We strongly recommend our visitors, in particular those who want to reach the upper villages of the valley (Côte d’Arbroz, Essert-Romand, Montriond, Saint Jean d' Aulps and Morzine) to use the D902 road from Cluses."

So driving will work, but you have a wee bit of a detour. Unless more rocks fall.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the info!!!!!!!! Looks like i'm driving then. What are q's at the ardent lift area like over new year? Is it a horrible wrestling match to get on?? I hope its deserted but i somehow doubt it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, yep, thinking about it the tunnel was closed when we were there in September and it was a bit of a detour but no biggie really.

fnch34, just a guess but I don't think it will be deserted at New Years somehow Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fnch34, if the snow continues as it has, at least everything will be running (barring the Ardent gremlins, which I believe have now been sorted). We really didn't do a lot of queueing anywhere last year. Also I hear, although I haven't been on, that the chairlift access to Avoriaz from Prodains is much improved so hopefully that would remove pressure from Ardent. Who knows though?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy