Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Ski events! Costs, tickets?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Me and my family are in Chamonix when the Khandahar World Cup Downhill is on and I've suggested we go and watch it. A few have asked if it costs anything and I just presumed it was free and said no, however I'm now just a bit worried it might! Does it cost anything to stand at the bottom of the slope by the finish line and if it does can you get a vantage point either via a lift pass or a short hike?

Anyone been to a World Cup Ski event, worth the trip?

Is the slalem in the evening/night?

Any info welcome, Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im off to Schladming in January and the Nightslalom is on whilst we are there.

A basic "ticket" to stand on the side of the slope is 28euros. Thats the cheapest ticket as there are other packages available upto about 300euros for a hospitality package.

We've never done one of these events and cant wait!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
no_snow_in_swindon, you really want one of those €300 hospitality tickets ...they are the way forward Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
manicpb, google is your friend http://www.chamonixworldcup.com/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
manicpb, Been to the Chamonix world cup a couple of times (The race is actually down the road in Les Houches)
You can buy "Tribune" or Grandstand tickets for the seats at the finish but you can also just turn up and stand (fairly close) at the bottom for nothing. (At least that was the case when I was there).
It's also worth popping down on practice run days (Schedules on the site above) when it's usually quiet and you can right up close and mingle with The Herminator et al quite happily.

There are some pics here of what you can expect to see.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Errr...is it me, or does the Chamonix and FIS sites suggest there isn't one in Chamonix next year ? Confused
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jerry, Yep.

781 days until the next one according to the counter in the top right of the chamonixworldcup site.

There isn't even one in 2010, never mind 2009.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jerry, alex_heney, You're right

manicpb, you'll have to wait until 29/30th January 2011 or 4/5th February 2012.

Here is the FIS provisional list for 2009 thru 2013.

http://www.fis-ski.com/data/document/audi-fis-alpine-ski-world-cup.pdf

If you want a big race atmosphere go to Kitzbuhel or Schladming as they get crowds of 40-50,000, the Austrians know how to do a ski race. IIRC there was a race this year at Chamonix and it looked on the telly as though the crowd struggled for double figures!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This will be my second time of being in the valley when the Val Gardena WC event is taking place. Last time, the kids and I were too excited about about being back on snow to stand around in crowds and watch passing blurs. Madeye-Smiley I went to an F1 race once. rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I did a search for events in Chamonix for when we were there and a couple of links popped up for the World Cup Skiing!

Glad I posted on here as I can now let my family down gently instead of turning up to find no event, thanks for the info folk!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
manicpb, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy