Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo trip end Jan 2009 seeking group or ski buddies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to take a solo trip at the end of Jan / start of Feb (w/c 25 Jan or 1 Feb) but would prefer to not be completely "johnny no mates" as its much more fun to ski with others if possible.

Flexible as to location - have been to the 3 Vallees twice last year and going at New Year with the family and friends, so maybe time for a change?

Last time I lucked out in finding a ski buddy at the chalet when I arrived, nothing pre-arranged, but I don't think I'd get the same luck twice in a row.

Middle aged intermediate/adv-intermediate male skier (mainly reds, some blacks) looking to ski rather than party but always require a few glasses of vino in the evening wink

Anyone fancy trying buddying up or trying to put a group together?

Or any suggestions of places to stay / ski where I'm likely to bump into potential ski buddies in any case? One strategy I used in March was to ski with a SCGB rep on at least one day, but of course that constrains the locations.

In case it is relevant, I'm based in SE London.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I won't be back then but could also be interested in March, April, or May.
I'll be back in London then so can hook up for a beer if needed beforehand.
PM me if you want, I usually do a weekend each month but looks like you're doing a 1 week a year type expedition Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SteveM, I've been hanging on for details of the Birthday bash. This should be the right date for you & you would have no chance of being alone. I haven't seen a resolution on the venue but others my enlighten us.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
me 2. I've got 31st Jan to 8th Feb booked off work (verbally at least), and I'm going skiing somewhere that week.
Hopefully it's the Birthday Bash, if not, then I'm going skiing in the Alps (and can either tag along with someone or someone is welcome to tag along with me).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have a group of 9 of us going to Austria (Badgastein, Razz loads of good reds and a mega 7km red) on 29th Jan mixed ages, sexes and abilities, more the merrier. There is one large room left so could sleep a group of 2-4. If you or others interested let me know vicki@skigastein.co.uk Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yeah, i was hoping there would be a BBash, do we even know onr is happening now, i thought asomeone had said on another thread it was happening as people had all booked themselves up by now, or maybe i picked it up wrong? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the suggestion of Birthday Bash - I'd not been aware of that before (had only seen stuff about EOSB).

How best to find out whether it is on or not?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy