Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing over Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
So I don't buy into the whole Christmas thing much, and since I work in education, my holidays are pretty much pre chosen for me (Ohh how useful that is rolling eyes )

How do people find skiing over Christmas? I'm not particularly looking for anywhere specific, I will be with a friend and we don't mind where we go, so long as we can get a break.

Is skiing over the festive period advised? Any different from the norm?

Thankya
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
neil-ste, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
Christmas skiing is excellent, as long as the early snowfall is plentiful which it is this year it is no different to the rest of the season. If in France the big celebration is Christmas eve with fieworks and Torchlit descents and some sort of arrival of Pere Noel. On Christmas day everything is pretty much normal apart from the odd skiing Santa. The slopes are usually quieter than other holiday periods and even the most miserable lifties cheer up a little bit Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
neil-ste, yes, no problems with Christmas skiing and with the promising early snow it's probably hugely preferable to sitting in front of the telly, eating and drinking too much. In fact, even with poor snow, it would be better. wink You might find some good tour operator deals. What sort of accommodation are you looking for? Hotel, self catered, catered chalet?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh, and welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiing at Christmas is BRILLIANT. Same as the rest of the season but people smile a bit more Smile

And welcome to snowHeads!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for the kind welcome and the friendly advise.

I' sold on that now, exactly what I wanted to hear. Christmas dinner can wait 'til January now.

No doubt i'll be back in this thread throwing ideas around and seeking advise from those more experienced than myself.

Now, to find somewhere to go.........
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
neil-ste, welcome to Snowheads

We are off to Zermatt this Christmas so I'll let you know !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same as rob@rar, said. 10 days and counting for me Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
neil-ste, Welcome to Snow Heads snowHead I'll send you a PM - may be useful
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
neil-ste, Welcome to Snowheads

We had our first Christmas away skiing last year and now wouldn't look back. We had such a good time that we haven't stopped talking about it throughout 2008!!

Have a great Christmas wherever you go. Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just to echo all the other snowHead s christmas skiing is great but just to make it better push the boat out and ski Christmas and New Year weeks wink Shocked . What a blast and the customary French fireworks are the biggest and best I have ever seen/heard.

No I am not a millionaire we take our moteorhome and have a week in Les Arcs and a week in Courchevel Le Praz.

11 Days and counting for us. Madeye-Smiley Very Happy Madeye-Smiley Very Happy Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Courchevel was fantastic at Christmas last year. The atmosphere is amazing (I don't mean loud and partying either - just friendly and fun). You get people skiing in fancy dress (santa outfits etc) on Christmas day. We're going this year as well, so see you there Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Haven't done anything other than go skiing at Christmas since I was 14 (and that was a very long time ago). It's excellent, can't imagine doing anything else!! It's quieter than new year (especially if you avoid the french "mega" resorts), the atmosphere is fantastic! DO IT!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is there anyhting else to do OTHER than ski over Christmas. Just the best way to spend the holiday. And usually pretty quiet slopes too. Bring it on santa......
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, I second that.
snow report
We've been skiing for Christmas with our family for years now. There's nothing better snowHead
ski holidays
RachelQ,

.........................we'll sharp find out ! snowHead
ski holidays
neil-ste, you didn't expect an unbiased opinion from Snowheads, did you? wink
ski holidays
neil-ste, Well... this year I am abandoning Xmas over here to spend it in Chamonix. Hopefully it is going to be the start of a trend Cool
snow conditions
neil-ste, welcome to snowHead Skiing at Christmas and New Year is simply fantastic and will be especially so this year with the early snowfall. Go this year and you'll want to go every year. Enjoy your hols if you do go and let us know where you went and what you thought of it.
ski holidays
Christmas day skiing is the best, Smile we go every year now! no pressys just skiing (alright only a couple of presseys) cant wait to get on the slopes with the kids and now we are all counting the days. I am cooking for 14 guests ! so hard work too.
Austria is great Christmas eve really traditional stuff Ahhh!
Enjoy snowHead
latest report
this might be of interest to all those going ...I am off at the weekend

http://gozermatt.com/zermatt_weather.php

Very Happy
snow report
Off to Valfrejus for Christmas week with the family. It's our first time going over Christmas and we were a bit nervous about it (wife especially), thx for all the positive comments I can't wait to get out there now <G> It's my youngests first time on Skis (just turned 3) and my eldests first time boarding (just turned 6 but skied for 3 years).

Let it snow, I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Suzy Snowflake and various other snow related Christmas songs already loaded on the ipod for the trip over WOOT
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy