Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski insurance is SCBGB insurer in trouble? what other ins options are there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
We normally use the ski club annual insurance policy... but heard something about the underwriters Fortis being in difficulty. Has anyone got any info on this?
Are others still using ski club? Are there other options that give off piste cover etc?
We are out there for the season so need good medical cover in particular.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Discussed in this thread from the second post. I think the consensus was that it looked OK.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i highly reccomend the vieux camper insurance. I have been repatriated to the uk twice with it and had all my rescue, hospital and transport costs covered. And it is cheap compared to UK insurance. If you add in the 'vie privee' option you also get all your medical costs for non accidents covered as well. bargain
more details here
http://193.252.114.148/AUVIEUXCAMPEUR/gp/html/carteclub/carteclub.htm

cheers

Phil
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm sure the Ski Clubs forums have an thread about this very topic. Cannot check just now as I am on the wrong computer. As far as I remember the essence of the thread is that there is no problem. And I hope that that is the case as I renewed my policy with them recently.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
philingle, my French is not fantastique, but it looks as though the medical expenses limits are very low - or am I reading that wrong? Are there any residency requirements (as there always are for UK based travel insurance)?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jayne durham, no - it got sorted.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother, glad to hear that, as we have just renewed our annual policy!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, Me too. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
adrian - I went on the Ski club forum and did a search - but all I found was reference to the problems - not that it was sorted.
So thanks to those in the know..
But they still seem to be using Fortis who were the ones who seemed to have financial difficulties...
I will look at the thread suggested by Achilles - thanks very much to all
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apologies jayne durham, perhaps I remembered the thread that achilles referenced but wrongly thought it was in the other place.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fortis received an 11 billion Euro bailout in September. That should see them throguh the winter.

Even if the parent were to go under, it would likely not affect their local subsidiary.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Fortis UK insurance arm is not in trouble, dont worry, check out their nice stabe S&P rating.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy