Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello I am going to Les Deux Alpes Dec 20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello snowheads I am going to Les Deux Alpes on December 20, anyone recommend any pistes for a 40 weeker also is there any good nightlife I should look out for although I had to go with my parentsn this time lol...

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go over the top and the back to La Grave. The terrain over there is incompably superior, if you want to test yourself a bit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks

any snow out there?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skiben, if you are happy with skiing off piste, take a guide or instructor and do as David Goldsmith suggests. Be wary of going that way on your own if you are not very familiar with the area; you can find ski tracks taking you to some very hairy places indeed, and as the whole mountain is off piste, there is no piste patrol. Also check that your insurance covers you for skiing off-piste. Within the LDA area, a good off piste run, when conditions permit, is Chalence. Challenging blacks include the Super Diable and the the run down to La Fee (I forget the name of the piste). Le Grand Couloir is a superb challenging run - and IMV a good measure of whether you are up to skiing La Grave - which is a serious place. Watch out for the home runs being over-crowded and reckless skied - particularly Demoiselles and Valentin.

All in all, there is a lot of good skiing at LDA - and don't forget your pass will cover you for a day at Alpe D'Huez and Seer Chevalier, as well as La Grave.

Apres? I am a little (ahem) senior to comment - but if you just want a local French bar, the Lutins is hard to beat. Smokey Joes seems lively to me - and a lot of Brits hang around the Red Frog.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiben wrote:
thanks

any snow out there?

Yup
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith wrote:
Go over the top and the back to La Grave. The terrain over there is incompably superior, if you want to test yourself a bit.

But with a guide... to go on your own, for your first time, would be one of the dumbest things to do.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skiben, You won't be able to go over the top to La grave I don't think - it's much too early in the season, however there's lots of steeps on this side, and you may be able to ski some of LG from their side, but it would cost you. My friend Etienne who works for the ESF runs off piste courses for the week, and it might be worth your while contacting him about it. I don't know how much it costs, but would be a very good week. He speaks good english. Most of the black areas here are not marked, so don't necessarily expect to find the marker poles and actual official runs, although Super Diable, Grand Couloir etc are marked (and sometimes pisted). The whole 'face' area is black, so there are unlimited routes down into town. Assuming the Fee area is open by then there are also unlimited routes down the walls of the Fee, depending on snow depth and rocks. Lots of nightlife, so I wouldn't worry about that. Very Happy check out http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=42914 for snow conditions and/or my blog on www.easiski.com. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks folks. how many km of piste is there, is it varied terrain, whats it like. im staying at the hotel brunerie. any good???
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiben, Look at www.2alpes.com (lift company website) for interactive piste map. 220kms or thereabouts. Tourist office website is www.les2alpes.com. Look at the previous threads on snowreports. There are a lot of photos which should show you what the terrain is like. Obviously, since I've been living here for 18 years I think it's great! Very Happy Brunerie is well placed. I can't say if it's any good since the TOs change their staff every year, and it's too early this year to make a judgement.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy