Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heli skiing from Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody ever heli skied from Zermatt?
I'm going out there at the start of Feb. and am keen to have a day of heli action.
I've done a few days heli and cat in Canada before, but would like to do some this side of the pond.
Any advice on operators, guides, routes etc. would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think that the heli-skiing in Zermatt is a little different from that in North America.

Firstly only certain drop points are allowed, but these are I think quite high at around 3000m or more- giving one big descent rather than several drops per day.

Secondly I think that there is only one helicopter company-Air Zermatt- but any guide can take you we went with Klaus Tcherring- but I think he will only guide parties for more than 1 day at a time- but I am sure he would find another guide for you

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm, there are a couple of companies operating out of Cervinia - an early enough lift and you might be able to exploit them. You may even find they pick up in Zermatt. Can't recall the names I'm afraid and I can't be bothered googling them for you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy