Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More daft questions (+ answers) - spoken <and thought> (couldn't stick to 5)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will I be able to ski it ? Sure ! <probably>
Will there be snow ? Yes. <well>
What time will we get there ? 2:30ish <that>
How do I get off the intermediate plateau ? More lessons <get>
Should I wear a helmet ? Up to you. <Though>
What sort of skis should I get ? Mid-fats <whatever>
Will the blacks be hard ? Yes <well harder than the blues and reds if that's what you mean>
Are greens hard ? No, they're special paths for the walkers <it>
What are moguls ? Aggressive horse riding warriors. Eh ? Lumps of snow created by Marmottes <try>
Will I be able to ski moguls ? As long as they're not too big
What's the best restaurant ? That one over there <how on god's green earth should I know>
Can I put my boots in my hand luggage ? Yes. <might>
What time do the lifts open ? 9:00 they use synchronised watches <depends>
What's this disgusting brown cough medicine drink you've given me Ian ? Jaegermeister
How do you pronounce paninni in French ? Paninni <1>
How long's the flight ? About 2 hours <even>
Is the snow better in N. America ? Yes <it>
Is a double back twice as hard as a single one ? Only to Americans. <duh>
Where does the chairlift go ? Up the mountain <to>
Sharon wants to know if the instructor be fit ? Of course <he>
Will it be icy ? No <of course but by then you'll be committed>
Will it be steep ? A little <define>
What's 2.599999999 to 8 dp ? 2.60000000 <2>
Can you do somersaults ? Sometimes <not>
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nickski wrote:
What's 2.599999999 to 8 dp ? 2.60000000 <2>

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Q - Does my bum look big in these sallopettes ? A - No (spoken) / yes (thought)...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oops, I think I hit some code with my brackets. Here's mark II:

What time will we get there ? 2:30ish (largely dependant on you)
How do I get off the intermediate plateau ? More lessons (get some balls)
Should I wear a helmet ? Up to you. (Though evidently not necessary)
What sort of skis should I get ? Mid-fats (whatever they have in the hire shop)
Will the blacks be hard ? Yes (well harder than the blues and reds if that's what you mean)
Are greens hard ? No, they're special paths for the walkers (and I hate skating on skis)
What are moguls ? Aggressive horse riding warriors. Eh ? Lumps of snow created by Marmottes (try to keep face straight)
Will I be able to ski the moguls ? As long as they're not too big (and I could do with a laugh)
What's the best restaurant ? That one over there (how on god's green earth should I know)
Can I put my boots in my hand luggage ? Yes. (might not let you on the plane with them though)
What time do the lifts open ? 9:00 they use synchronised watches (depends on how big the party was last night)
What's this disgusting brown cough medicine drink you've given me Ian ? Jaegermeister
How do you pronounce paninni in French ? Paninni (1. Punanne 2. Ohi hiho)
How long's the flight ? About 2 hours (ever seen a map of Europe)
Is the snow better in N. America ? Yes (they send it on a customer relations course)
Is a double back twice as hard as a single one ? Only to Americans. (duh)
Where does the chairlift go ? Up the mountain (to the moon, where do you think it goes)
Sharon wants to know if the instructor be fit ? Of course (he will be afyter he's carted your fat back bottom round the mountain)
Will it be icy ? No (of course it will but by then you'll be committed)
Will it be steep ? A little (to me. Vertical to you)
What's 2.599999999 to 8 dp ? 2.60000000 (2.6)
Can you do somersaults ? Sometimes (not intentionally though)

laundryman, Why thank you. You know that one is going to run and run.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nickski, mirth vaguely on the opening of lifts.

Some years ago my then wife and I arrived at the top of the bubble to see a dear pisteur friend and all his pisteur colleagues enjoying a fondue. "How odd", we thought, at 09h00.

Not only were they feasting mightily cheesily but they had the Champagne out and a fine Bordeaux. So we joined in. It was a late season Pisteur special hair of the dog as most of them were in the local ice hockey team and they'd won the French championship the night before. So they'd had a glass or two to celebrate.

As you might.

"So," I asked, taking care not to fall off my bar stool, again," what happens if someone hurts themselves?"

"ah," suggests my chum, "it's March, the snow's crap and it's raining to 4,000m. You don't imagine anyone's skiing do you?"

And he was right.

(Names and locations changed to protect the guilty)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy