Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire La Tania advice needed, please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Could do with some advice, please. My wife and myself will be at La Tania for christmas week. A company called, 'Ski Higher' are charging 145 EUR (£125) each for 6 days ski hire (poles 10 EUR (£9) extra). We have our own boots. I have searched the web and found several, 'web sites' offering ski hire much less - some charging 69 EUR (£60) for the top ski. Does anyone know if these are genuine? Or can anyone recommend a good one? 155 EUR (£134) each seems a lot to pay for 6 days ski hire. And then there's the lift passes..?
Look forward to your help on this.
Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Higher are a Twinner outlet..... I think....? So you would probably get a better rate on their website. I thought they were okay when I used them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gregl, We use Ski Set in most resorts but Ski Higher in La Tania - there is a link on my site (see sig line below) which will give you 10% discount. You'd need to see if that made a difference to costs for you, but we went with Ski Higher in LT as, having been there, we thought the service was better. You're welcome to book via the link and get the discount if it helps you Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife, son and I used the intersport shop in La Tania and were very satisfied with the service. Can't remember excatly how much, but way less than the price ou have there. My wife changed her skis on the second day and did so without difficulty. Staff were helpful.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a place opposite the Brit Guy Tim's restaurant run by a guy called Xavier. He was pretty helpful.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last time i was in the three valleys I used http://www.snowrental.net which turns out reasnoble value, 69.77 euro for their premium skis without boots, less for the standard skis. We all got standard skis and find them to be good models ie salomon 3v race and salomon x wing. One of us wasn't happy with his boots and they were happily changed on the 2nd day. They do use different shops so the service probably won't be the same in all of them but i will be using them agian for this years trip to val thorens unless i can pick up some cheap skis in the meantime
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The staff in ski Higher are usually second to none, have plenty of time for you and have good english. It does seem quite steep though? Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,
Many thanks for all your helpful advice - much appreciated. I don't really fancy paying nearly £270 for the hire of two pairs of skis! Nice to know that, 'snowrental' does offer a top ski at a much more reasonable price and you can trust them. Around £100 for two pairs is a bit different than £270.
I don't really want to be turning up at the rental shop only to find they have no idea what I'm talking about...
Any more advice greatly appreciated.
Take care,
Greg
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gregl, Have been to La Tania, but didn't rent skis so can't help with that unfortunately.

However, before i bought my own skis, I visited la Rosiere twice and rented both times...

The first time i booked online with Twinner (the same people as Ski Higher I think). I used this link http://location-ski.twinner-sports.com/
The skis were excellent (they had to take the cellophane wrapper off them!), the service was excellent and i got what i paid for.

The next year i saved about £20 per person by booking with a different firm. Even though i booked the top ski, the skis we got were awful. Old, battered and useless. They said i couldn't change them as they were the best they had left because it was a busy week.

Obviously i might have been lucky with my Twinner experience, or unlucky with my other experience but i definitely came out of it thinking that if i rented again i would pay the extra to know that i was going to get good skis. Then i got my own so it's all irrelevant!

Try the twinner link http://location-ski.twinner-sports.com/ for La Tania and see if if it works out any cheaper for you. I think they do internet discounts.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, Many thanks for the info on 'Twinner'. Looks Ok at £80 for 7 days including poles and the Dynastar skis seem Ok too. Ski Wave (Ski Set) are coming in at about the same price. Like you I would pay the extra if I was assured of getting good skis. But, not £90 extra.
Thanks again.
Take care,
Greg
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, used Ski Higher last Decmeber In La Tania, excelent staff, good ski's they were brand new Very Happy , it was the start of the season, they are part of Sport 2000. Will be using them again this year, 7 days and counting, though their mobile servcie this time.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi, Ski Higher cost is £125 for 6 day rental (poles extra). AlpiSki cost is £60 for 7 day rental - Salomon X-wing tornado (or similar). I am sure that they do have excellent staff, but at £125 compared to £60...
Ski Higher are also part of Twinner.
I hope you have good and safe trip.
Take care,
Greg
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy