Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What Ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I currently ski a pair of 2002 Volkl Vertigo G4's, which are great off piste and when hooning it down the piste. However, I do find them quite hard work when trying to piece together shorter turns (moguls, tree skiing etc etc).

I tried my brothers 2006 Atomic Metron B5's this year and they were amazingly easy to manouver.

I'm looking to get something which will suit me for about 60% Piste 40% Off. My vitals are 6'2" 14.5 stone and I do have a tendancy to ski on the faster side. I also have about 23 years skiing under my belt having started as a 5 year old but only really get 1 week in a year (nowhere near enough!!).

The chaps in EB have recommended the Scott Crusde or K2 Apache Explorer as the best all rounders for me.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've owned B5's & the Crusader's/Explorer's won't give you anything like the B5's performance. For that Atomic feel without the B5 weight go for the new Atomic Crimson Nomad Ti in 183cm. Alternatively there are some great deals around on B5's as that model is now discontinued. You'd want the B5 in 172cm although the 162cm would still rip on piste but the additional length would help when off.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nordica Enforcer
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nordica Enforcer
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
so the Enforcer seems to be a popular choice! Where does one find such a ski this year as neither EB or S&R are stocking Nordica this year - apparently they're too expensive!

Also the supply of Atomic seems to be very limited this year. Is there anywhere else good to acquire skis in the London area?

I've got two trips booked this year, so thinking that I will demo some on the first trip then buy them back in the UK before my second, longer, trip. As the topic of UK vs Europe has been exhaustively discussed on here already, I feel that is probably the best option!

Went to Snozone @ MK today and demod the Scott Crusade & K2 Xplorer - found the K2 very easy to turn and the Crusade a little more demanding. However on the limited slope/speed available I feel that the Crusade would be a lot more rewarding on the mountain!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy