Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Scrambler 8

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've bough a pair of the above off of Ebay to tide me over until I find a spanky deal on a pair of Apache Recons.
What's are the opions on the Scrambler 8's?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied a pair of Scrambler 8's whilst learning and served me well. I had a lot of fun with them. I have not thrown them away yet & would use them in poor snow cover if I was worried about damaging my newer skis. I am now able to appreciate a better ski - the 8's carved very well, bending giving a tight arc on a good piste and were good in soft stuff & off the edge of the piste. They do however vibrate badly and make a horrible flimsy fibre glass rattle when you drop them flat to the piste. This translates to unpleasant rattle & vibration in icy conditions. Horrendous on frozen corduroy. They are not rigid and damped enough for me to be comfortable on ice. If you are a recent beginner they are forgiving, reasonably stable at speed, will be fine to help progression and reward improving carving technique , otherwise there are better skis out there (at a price). I am no expert & this is a personal opinion & I would still ski them & have fun but the K2 's would be better for me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also owned a pair during the 'progressive years' and echo all of Lechbob's comments above though I found they flapped quite a bit at speed. I also used them during a season in Meribel in 2006/2007 when snow cover was terrible and they/I struggled massively on all the hard stuff about.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They can't be any worse than my Streetracers on ice, shown an edge to ice on those and you're on twitching about all ocer the place.
OK, so the Scramblers are shite, i'd best get those Recon's on the way. wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wouldn't say shite. More limited/ limiting... And defo a decent pair of rock hoppers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, keep them for the first weeks of the season when its a bit thin. The bonus is you can leave them outside the restaurant without concern. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lechbob wrote:
The bonus is you can leave them outside the restaurant without concern. wink

Not in Swansea. Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ex had a pair and they were like noodles. Good for hangovers I guess as you don't need any effort to bend 'em. Very light due to the nasty foam core (I think all Scramblers have them?). She ended up replacing them with K2s... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's interesting, is that when I google these skis for reviews, they appear to get good reports. I'm really not that bothered eitherway,'coz they'll be for sale when I get back from Italy in two weeks. Most of the reviews are from the States and most appear genuine and without bias. Anyway, i'll report on how I got on with them when I return.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agree with most comments, perhaps the reviews are a few years old as there is really nothing that wrong with them and IMHO its more a case of newer ski design and construction making them seem limited - for example is anyone still using foam? AFAIK even Salomon have stopped.

Mine are four years old now, I've replaced them with Nordica Eliminators but kept them and I plan to lend them to any learners etc as they are easy to learn on.

I am about to make my comeback down at Xscape after ACL surgery and I think I'll use them once or twice to help get my confidence back as they are so light and easy to turn.

All being well I'll be back on the Nordica's before Austria in January. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Actually , I just noticed the guy in the dogtag advert is holding a scambler 8
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy