Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Man with "transformed legs" decides to buy ski chalet in Wengen

Poster: A snowHead
Alastair Drew - a 1960s downhiller and former ski journalist - says his legs have been so transformed by a ski-mojo that he has decided to buy a chalet in Wengen.

This report from telegraph.co.uk.

Have you ever bought a property as a result of an anatomical aid?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Correction/sorry: it's an apartment, not a chalet. Error of fact, there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Two of our party in Tignes gave the Mojo a go this week. In both cases it didn't last the day, in fact, no more than two runs for one person. This wasn't because they didn't get on with it but because it broke. I thought it was a really new product and wasn't too surprised that something broke. However, now that the product is two years old you would think that they might have sorted this type of teething problem out. Certainly one of the two that tried it said that it was very helpful. She has returned to skiing after several years and it helped her with her posture, stamina and general ability. I would argue that a lesson would have sorted most of that out, but the try out was for free!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If his testimony is genuine, it says a lot for the device; given the guy's pedigree it's not likely that he needed any basic technical issues sorted out. My OH has been complaining about his legs (he nearly fell off his gym ball today; we were doing balance exercises and I said he had to use his core strength to keep balanced. I didn't speak too clearly as I was bouncing about and he thought I'd said he had to use his foreskin).

Maybe he could do with a mojo. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, he might find it cheaper just to get a wife who doesn't mumble. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, you could well be right!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
If his testimony is genuine, it says a lot for the device; given the guy's pedigree it's not likely that he needed any basic technical issues sorted out. My OH has been complaining about his legs (he nearly fell off his gym ball today; we were doing balance exercises and I said he had to use his core strength to keep balanced. I didn't speak too clearly as I was bouncing about and he thought I'd said he had to use his foreskin).

Maybe he could do with a mojo. wink

Laughing

Or a Jewish doctor....... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
why Wengen Puzzled Puzzled Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes wrote:

It's perfect for old fogeys who like trains & lunch (like me Very Happy ). Would the mojo help you out of the chair after lunch Puzzled
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

why Wengen

Because "I learned my skiing there as a child and I have been a member of the downhill ski club there for over 50 years,...Wengen has been a home from home for me, for all of my life and now at last I have a home there. That's perfect." Good enough reason!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Brookes wrote:

If this is his home from home I've never seen him before in my life.
I can see I'm going to have trouble controlling the rage I forgot about over the summer. Jeremy clarkson's cockometer would be usefull, providing I dont score the highest reading myself Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

he probably goes to different bars and doesn't rent snowboards.... wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
he doesnt look like he mixes in my circle Smile And why is he dressed like alastair pink? Has anyone checked alastair pink's legs lately, is alastair pink really jonny robo hip? Have they ever been seen together in the same place at the same time?
red boots FTW.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink, I put it to you that you are the robo hipped man above, it must be. Both called alastair, both DHO, only the non telemark thing is throwing me off at the moment.
The more I look at that picture the more I see alastair pink, admittedly I never saw you with your helmet off. I like alastair pink, he did the race in his old skool shorts on a cold ass day, +1 rep for alastair.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

why Wengen

Because "I learned my skiing there as a child and I have been a member of the downhill ski club there for over 50 years,...Wengen has been a home from home for me, for all of my life and now at last I have a home there. That's perfect." Good enough reason!

You have some good reasons plus you must be a excellent skier as you have been a member of the 'Wengen downhill ski club' for over 50 years...jolly good show Smile !
latest report
stab wrote:
Alastair Pink, I put it to you that you are the robo hipped man above, it must be. Both called alastair, both DHO, only the non telemark thing is throwing me off at the moment.

Oi! I resemble that remark! wink Any similarity is purely coincidental. Smile

In point of fact I posted the first (rather non-complimentary) thread about the ski-mojo here.

I'll be in Wengen March 15th -21st, you can buy me a pint for that insult! Toofy Grin
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

why Wengen

You have some good reasons plus you must be a excellent skier as you have been a member of the 'Wengen downhill ski club' for over 50 years...jolly good show Smile !

I was in the tufty club, doesnt mean I store acorns and hibernate.
ski holidays
Hmm - maybe skiing in skis or boots made in teh past decade might improve his skiing more. Mojo obviously have friends in high (product) placements.
snow conditions
stab wrote:

he'll be in the bar in the Falken
snow conditions
Quote:

Hmm - maybe skiing in skis or boots made in teh past decade might improve his skiing more.

Laughing True. He even has that "trousers tucked in" look, though maybe that's just so's we can see his mojo. Our local travel shop has a pair of boots and skis just like that, that they drag out of some dusty corner and put in the window every winter. I don't think it helps their image...
ski holidays
An old duffer endorses a device for old duffers, by buying in a resort for old duffers.
ski holidays
Kramer, you'll be an old duffer one day. wink
ski holidays
pam w, live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy