Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb Half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of any good deals for 2 at Feb. half term, am limited to these dates as due to being a teacher. All the deals I find the flights don’t remain?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try marseille airport and southern alps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jtobin03, if you absolutely have to go then (Easter much better) you might want to consider driving, though driving to the Alps at half term is not for the faint-hearted, or those who can't bear sitting in miles of traffic jams. You will absolutely definitely not get a "deal" if by that you mean a cheap price. You might also want to consider a smaller, less well known, resort which does not feature in the UK tour operators brochures. What do you teach?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jtobin03, you're leaving it a bit late. Are you on your own?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jtobin03, I don't suppose you'll have have more than 'a fair bit' of trouble getting a place to stay, but you will have 'oh my god loads' of trouble getting flights.

BA to Genoa is still just the right side of 'daylight robbery' but will leave you with longish transfers (under 3 hours to somewhere like Sestriere, but only just). The Sunday flights work out cheaper than the Saturday ones.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jtobin03, I have had the Devil's own job this week of trying to find HT week accommodation for two separate groups of two (one set are teachers too) - you'd think it would be easier with just two people, but not so! I did find one or two very nice options which are an OK price (depends on your budget I suppose) but no travel included, although they ARE in resorts at the 'right' end of the Alps if you are driving (an hour or so past Geneva). PM me if you need any help or would like me to search for you snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anniepen wrote:
jtobin03, I have had the Devil's own job this week of trying to find HT week accommodation for two separate groups of two (one set are teachers too)

I think the problem may be that people are already booking for HT 2010 and they are getting the best deals for that time so you may have left it a little late. You could wait and see if the big TO's start off loading empty places. You may be lucky you might not.

If you REALLY want to go next year HT then Thomas Cook may be the best bet
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Libertine wrote:
try marseille airport and southern alps.

Or Nice and then somewhere like Isola2000 - currently sleazyjet are doing that from LGW for less than £150 each...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the help driving is not an option as can't trust the car going to go into town today and see what travel agents have.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jtobin03, you're probably better off looking on the internet - what exactly are you looking for - how many people etc.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What half term dates? it changes in each county now, although it doesnt help that the tour ops have raised the prices to cover all these dates! every one thinks teachers have loads of hols but try and get one in a price good bracket. Its the same when you have kids but I have been known to snatch a day before and after their hols, bad eh! (dont supose you can do sickies, no of course not) try ebay they have loads advertisted on there and ryanair can be cheap for flights.
good luck
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
vicki noble,
Quote:

What half term dates? it changes in each county now

As far as I can see one of the big problems is that this year it does not change much.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We still have some (very few) available for feb half term 09. Contact me via our website next week after tuesday 16th (I am in Zermat at the mo) and I will sort something out for you. Contact details here http://www.folgarida.co.uk

Half Term Dates for 2010 are here
http://www.folgarida.co.uk/folgarida_Half_Term_Holidays_Dates_2010.htm

Most TO's are taking booking already for this period (we don't until 15th Dec), so have a look around the internet there are some good deals for early bookers

BUT as the pound / euro rate is not too good at the mo we, like all other TO's may hold off taking currency futures (that is the amount/rate we will buy the currency at) until some time next year so MAKE SURE you read the terms and conditions of any holiday you book now for 2010. "Some" companies are being a little bit naughty about the T&C's. Read em 1st ??. If you see that your holiday can be increased by more than 10% you may want to think about it. And if no % is given just don't book or you may be a little sad later on ?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy