Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone ski'd Val Cenis ? Were looking for nice wide blues on the Piste - so as not to put off a nervous beginner - Termignon runs look good / gentle ? any info would be a great help before we set off this xmas. Cheers all Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loucoops,

Had my first week skiing at VC last January...........I loved it. There are loads of runs that are great for a nervous beginner ; in fact ( according to my edition of 'ski & snowboard' ) it has the longest green run in europe.Loads easy blues also. Plenty of tree lined skiing & the drinks/food etc were very, very good value ( as was/is the lift pass). Never went to Termignon myself but now is linked with VC by a new chair & piste.
Where are you staying?
Any other Q's, feel free to ask.
A VC fan
Mitch
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drove over the Col de Val Cenis (from Turin to Tignes) in the summer. Stopped to look at the piste map on the roadside board - it looks excellent. Lots of skiing and a big vertical. The road down from the col is a ski run in winter - and looks great for beginners/early intermediates. All very scenic too. The villages at the bottom seemed nice enough as well.

We've added it to our "to do" list.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
loucoops, There is certainly plenty for a nervous beginner and plenty for all other abilities. We fell in love with Val Cenis when we visited in January and are heading there in 2 weeks time for Xmas. We will certainly be exploring Termignon now that it is linked. Where are you staying?

If you haven't already seen this, have a look at www.valcenis.com/index_hiver_uk.htm

If you need any more info, let me know and I'll try to help. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There have been several threads on this relatively recently (see search facility top left of page).

Here are some of them I have been involved with:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=40994#981252
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=44504#1066326
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=44437#1064547

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 5-12-08 18:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi and thanks for the fab replies - as a first time user to this site we're massively impressed !! Would love the names of the wide pistes - all the info we've seen shows really narrow road width tracks on the beginner runs. Hubby can ski and as its only my second holiday I was looking for confidence building wide runs to get some miles under my skis before tackling any reds. We'll no doubt get to know more when we land on 20th Dec. Staying in Lanslevillard at L'Etoile de Neiges, and hoping there's some fellow brits there too as our french is non too hot !

Here's the only site we found giving detailed piste info, the unofficial Val Cenis site - they say - all in french but easily translatable in google. Joyeux Noel to all.

Lou
Very Happy
http://www.ski-valcenis.net/pistes.php
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well I googled "val cenis photos" and lots came up - the first website had these 37 holiday photos, and the second said it had 440 photos of Val Cenis. Just try it yourself.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
loucoops wrote:
http://www.ski-valcenis.net/pistes.php

That's a great little resource. Am planning on a day trip to Val Cenis next Feb, and that might be a good way of convincing the nervous ones in the group that there's nothing to be scared of (they're scaredycats who are scared of everything).

Wonder if there's similar out there for other resorts... I know La Thuile's website has similar. Would like to see similar covering Valloire.

Edit: FOUND! http://www.ski-valloire.net/domski/rm.php

Excellent.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
loucoops, Plenty of choices in VC for confidence building, need to link some runs together to get the best mix, and include some reds.
Some examples:
La Nunda (2800), onto Famillialle, then onto Le Chamois right down to 1400m
or
Mont Cenis (2330m) onto La Quebecoise, cross onto L'Escargot, onto Cotes de Essarts down to 1400m

But also don't dismiss the reds, especialy BecRouge, Le Solert and MicheleJacot du Solert as these are plenty wide enough for beginners/intermediates.

Termignon also has plenty of good runs, La blue du lac,Sanglier,La Forestriere all good wide sweeping blues.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy