Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claviere .. Hotel Roma.. Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Peeps

My wifey and I will be visiting Claviere Italy starting 21st Jan for a week.
We are out of the normall weekend to weekend thing so we are booking the hotel direct.

We have a half board offer from Hotel Roma for 90 Euros per night all in (45 euros each).

Anyone been here? Is it ok? Food ok?
I think lift access is good from here?
Were not too picky at this price. I just want to make sure its not a dog!

Any other top tips?

Cheers

Mark
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't eat the beef.That is a dog! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The lift access is very good from that hotel. The pistes and 2 main lifts are literally behind the front of the hotel.

Haven't stayed in Claviere itself. But spent a lot of time in both summer and winter in the area.

Its a lovely resort and has good skiing into France. Good for progressing intermediates and also has some good off piste.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MarkPayne, Was in Claviere 2 years ago, stayed at the Crystal run Grand Hotel Claviere. Think I know the hotel you're staying at - right on main street - so very central, but looked pretty basic, but I think you're aware of that anyway.
Top tips???????? Eat in Kilt for the best pizzas I've ever tasted. Ski on the French side. Can't say I was overly impressed by Claviere but other posters have raved about it
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mark, just come back from there - Hotel Roma - it's a basic hotel at a reasonable price - but it was good where it mattered, reasonable space in room, fantastic shower, food not fancy but tasty and plentiful. Plenty of space to store skis. Staff friendly. It is on the main road in Claviere but this wasn't a problem, quiet at night. Wouldn't have a problem with going there again.

Skiing conditions last week were great - it's a very short walk to the pistes, good intermediate pistes - bit lacking if you're a beginner - easy to link with Montgenevre. Good and reasonably priced (judging by some of the comments on here) mountain restaurants - try La Coche near the bottom of the fast quad chair. Also as already recommended go to Kilt for pizza.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy