Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the best stack you've ever done/seen?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2000overdrive wrote:
Quote:

She did win the award for the most spectacular crash that holiday though.

I was wondering if anyone else did that... We've got a hat with a little clown on the top that you have to wear if you did the most spectacular crash the previous day. Each evening it gets handed on to the best fall from that day and so on.

A lot of people have had to wear that hat. Luckily it's warm.

I still have the 'Best Crash' cup from the first ever EOSB race... I'm so proud Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well there were some crashes over the years, and then there was yesterday at Bruson.

Earlier on during the morning, I had talked to my friend about the way God really listens to us. For instance, you're at the top of an interesting run and you think 'I may fall on that bump over there / hit that tree etc'. Then, in your arrogance, you dismiss that thought. But God was paying attention, and He makes sure you DO fall right where you thought you would.

Afternoon comes and we get out of some trees under the chairlift. Cue horizon thinking to himself 'worst crashes happen under chairlifts'. But after 10 stylish turns on soggy bumps, I've forgotten about the treacherous thought and I'm rather pleased with myself. I cross a cat track (one of those green runs snaking across the whole mountain) and I stop for a moment. In front of me there's a nice mellow powder-filled meadow, which I had skied several times before, and which needs some speed to get to the other side. I point'em down and go for it.

Now 10-15 yards of straighlining might not seem like a lot of room to pick up speed. But it was enough. I suddenly saw the green run, which had deviously done a hairpin bend, back in front of me but 1-2 yards below. No time for any reaction but a loud expletive. Tips plant in. My head goes in first (it made a very respectable dent in the run!) and I fall over on the other side.

You can imagine the laughter from the chairlift...it would be great to say that nothing was hurt but my pride, but my left hand which tried to break the fall is hurting (and less importantly, I managed to rip the spongey insulation off my goggles!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2000overdrive wrote:
Quote:

She did win the award for the most spectacular crash that holiday though.

I was wondering if anyone else did that...

At the end of that holiday one of the party bought a load of little trinkets and proceeded to hand them out to the group as prizes at the restaurant that evening. Everyone won a prize of course, and it was a lovely end to a great holiday.

Scarpa wrote:

50m behind me there was one solitary ski stuck up stright in the snow as if to mark the point at which my inability overtook my enthusiasm.

One of the all-time epic quotes I feel - rings so true!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy