Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting a bit fed up..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
not with skiing (that'll never happen, never!!) but the fact that I can't seem to get a good deal for myself at all at the moment, this time last year I was booked up at a ski in-ski out hotel in Passo Tonale for £235 but I can't find anything that even comes close to matching that this year!

My budget has been reduced as I've been forced into a 2 week summer holiday in Tenerife by the non-skiing GF and friends!

Unless I find something, I may cancel my skiing plans this season and advance book myself a 10 day holiday in Banff for 2010. Not ideal but its something I may have to consider!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think there are good deals out there this season what with the credit crunch and everything, but sounds like you have the same problem as me (solo traveller) which does limit your options somewhat...

£235 sounds incredible to me. I went to Passo Tonale in 2006 and it cost £450 for flights and accommodation and I though that was a bargain!

Might be worth trying some of the online agencies, I'm sure there are some good deals about. Happy hunting...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about trying a new GF and friends. Toofy Grin

A strong need for a better focus i think
Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RichardB,

£235 sounds exceptional. Anything under £375 is pretty good value and there are deals out there. Directski.com had a cracker deals to Andorra a few weeks ago with free lift passes, and I reckon they will do it again
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RichardB, Suggest you focus on one or the other. Or ditch the GF and ski ! Twisted Evil
Seriously, if you hold your nerve, and can be flexible, just keep your eyes on the deals. Be prepared to book and go within the week. Rates will still be high now, as there's snow a plenty, but wait until Jan and I think the deals will be there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For £235 you can stop at my house for the weekend. Free transfers to Tamworth snowdome. Lift pass not included. 4 pubs within walking distance. Ski-in ski out (weather dependant snowHead ). Self catered, can you put something in the oven for me whilst you are at it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When do you want to go? Have a look at http://www.silverski.co.uk/doc/early.pdf , deals in December and January
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We managed a week in a chalet near the middle of Tignes for about that price some 3, maybe 4, years ago by booking just a few days before. I think it often depends how Christmas falls. We flew out on New Year's eve which, somehow, makes it an unpopular week. No such luck this year. Just keep trawling all the last minute ski holiday sites. But keep an eye out for the flights though. They seem to run out before the accommodation so you may have to travel a bit in the UK first.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichardB, definitely ditch the GF - they can pay for themselves to go to Tenerife! Seriously - why do you have to go? It sounds like it will be a girls holiday anyway. Save the money and do what you want to do.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
docsquid, no, actually its my GF plus my best mate, his fiance plus two others, I can't get out of it because I promised I would go with them 2 years ago! Its already booked and I paid my deposit, my hands are tied good and proper! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RichardB wrote:

Unless I find something, I may cancel my non-skiing GF and friends and book myself a 10 day holiday in Banff for 2009. Not ideal but its something I may have to consider!

Fixed it for you
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob, thanks! Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you're flexiable on the dates, I'd wait till after the new year and see what the last minute deals are like.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy