Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bags

Poster: A snowHead
I see that new bag range snokart has their site live now.... looks ok.

http://www.snokart.com/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yeah, pretty nice. but i put my skis on top of the car and my boots in a plastic bag and then spend saved $70 on beer Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fess, I need to protect my kit from Barbarian the Baggage Handler!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly, put Lokker into ebay!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fess, I like your thinking.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly wrote:
fess, I need to protect my kit from Barbarian the Baggage Handler!
put a nice BIG lock on the plastic bag around your skis and boots. should challenge the Barbarian a bit Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, I was thinking of something similar, to take skis, poles, boots & bulky clothing bits.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NiKe to see a konkept karried through to absolute kompletion.

Who needs the third letter of the alphabet anyway rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhillipStanton wrote:
NiKe to see a konkept karried through to absolute kompletion.

Who needs the third letter of the alphabet anyway rolling eyes

Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Butterfly, I took the two ski lockker to VT on the train in April (so did someone else IIRC - they were identical, bar my red bungees for extra security - they also do a even bigger one - there is a good web-site as well if you google them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wonder if anyone can provide any recommendations regarding the roller, split compartment type bags

It appears that the Dakine bags are quite popular with retailers. They look good, but I wondered if anyone has first hand experience of owning/using one.

I like the (double decker) ones where the two compartments can completely separate, which just give more flexibility in my mind. As for size, 90 litres, 120 litres……I'm open to recommendations. On the basis that many airlines are cutting down on luggage allowances, has anyone been hit with excess baggage charges when you fill one of these type holdalls with all your gear and holiday stuff?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I flew to Switz with 55kg in a Snokart Kart and didn't pay anything - it all went as oversize. On the way back they were concerned about the weight being over the allowance for baggage handlers (manual handling regs) so I split it into 2 and again didn't pay anything. The Snokart stuff is def worth a look.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sleipnir, I've got the 160L one, it is great, no excess with a near 30kg bag on Air Canada or British Airways..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, where did u carry your boots - in the same bag as skis? I am considering the Dakine Low Roller 165 as that's just a bit longer than my skis (155) and has two pockets specially designed for boots. It;s supposed to be for a board, but I don't see why it should not work for skis as long as I pad them out with clothing. The only improvement I could see making to it would be if they stuck in some velcro straps to keep the skis in place inside.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly, did u get the bag ?
snow report
Butterfly, Yes, there is no specific compartment, but I just laid them on their side and packed the clothes round them. I found that if you stuff the bags full of clothes there wasn't a need to velcro the skis in place.
snow report
Megamum, did the airline not mind you putting the clothes with skiis ?
snow report
Defo worth looking at Snokart Helena.
snow report
weeSKI,
I saw your post about 55 kg, was that for 1 person ? as a ski bag ?
snow conditions
Yeah one person as an over sized bag - was using snokart kart. Had to split it into two for the return - which astounded the check in people at Zurich!

http://www.snokart.com/products/show/the-kart
snow conditions
helena57 wrote:
Megamum, did the airline not mind you putting the clothes with skiis ?

She said she was on the train Smile

But I always pack a few clothes around my skis in the standard ski bag, and have never had it queried yet.

The thing is, the airline have no way to tell unless they ask you to open up the bag, because skis always (IME) go through the "oversize" baggage, rather than through the normal check in. And that is staffed by the airport rather than airline staff.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy