Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Landgraaf review by A.N. Idiot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to landgraaf today, 1st time ever in a snowdome so I cant judge it by comparing to anything else.

Highlights: There is a KFC just down the road.

Lowlights: Jesus where do I start?
Board rental - If I gave those boards out to punters I'd expect an earbashing. 1 board available in what seemed like 3 sizes, 150 155 and 160. I have the same board in the shop, its a 1st time beginner specific board, complete waste of time for anyone who has even half learnt. I sent the 1st one back thinking they must have taken me for a learner and got the exact same board back but with a different graphic. Skis seem to be the same deal, 1 kind of atomic learner waste of time ski. If youre half serious about sliding then take your own kit, but then if youre half serious then you wouldnt be in a snowdome IMO.
The staff all seem to be on day release from borstal and wish they were back there.
Its in holland so dutch people everywhere.
The cannons were on all day so visibility was a nightmare.
Icey spots all over the far left "piste"
The lockers cost 2euros, not bad but if you leave a glove or something in there and close it by mistake it will cost another 2euro to relock it.
German apres music is everywhere there, I do not want to listen to schnappi whilst boarding.

I wont be going back there, glad I saw it but glad I left, if thats what a snowdome is then I'll stick to waiting for winter.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My review was better Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
did you like it there? I really didnt. I just spent 4 hours straight lining it from the top and smacking a huge hockey stop into everyone at the bottom, nothing else there to do, the park was half closed / half in the cannon mist.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did yeah, but it was my first time on a single plank and the quality of the tuition - if nothing else - was great.

The first time I was in a car I quite enjoyed bimbling around an empty car park at 5mph. Probably wouldn't get much out of the experience nowadays, knowaddamean.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ah I get ya, the one positive I see the snowdome thing having is its a good place to learn. The KFC was much better though. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just remembered the lockers are 50 cents not 2 euros, still its crap the way they chew your money as soon as they close.

I booked 8 hours there, once I was in I realised you are on a clock card type thing so as soon as you stop skiing leave the piste and your clock stops.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weird, I was there a couple of weeks ago and lockers were a euro.

Staff are (IMO) very friendly & positive.

Equipment is V.I.L.E., skis like butter they're so soft and bendy. Mind you, with typical "european queue etiquette" I don't like using my own equipment there - stuck between a rock and a hard place really on that issue.

The obnoxious people I think you'll find are ze Germans who are visiting en masse with their special offer tickets being handed out all over Aachen.

Oh well, I'm off up there on Sunday - paulio I'm glad to hear you thought the plank tuition was great as my OH is signed up for that on Sunday.

Edit: Yes, they tend to give everyone very short skis - perhaps the logic being that you're a muppet without your own skis and less likely to break your neck on shorties.

PS Giggling hard about the icy bits and bad visibility... What? Re-creating a mountain environment? Helaas pindakaas!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You should of gone in July or August. Folk appreciate snow more in the summer !!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton, thats exactly what I said to the missus, I just came straight off the back of a week in zermatt to a snowdome in the Limburg so I may have been spoilt a bit. In the summer I bet its awesome to go from 30degree hell to a -7 heaven. Now if only they understood not everyone wants a useless rental board I would be happy.

Here's my staff adventures.

Board rental girl, recht op links? That was it, right or left foot forward, end of story. No shoe size, experience, preference for a short board or longer etc. Arsey conversations with her colleague about me in dutch, which I do understand.
The big bar thing, food menus on the tables, go to the bar to order food, "we dont do food"
The self service, wait for ever for the person doing nothing much to notice me, then they turn around and say no food til 12 at 11:45, Pour myself a coke and get watched like a hawk incase I dare drink a bit then fill it up more.
The liftie slowing the lift down so I could get off "I'm a snowboarder not handicapped"
Getting weird looks for trying to hockey stop snow into the self service windows.

Ok the last one may have been my fault.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, Laughing

Sorry, shouldn't laugh....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Confirmation: lockers are 50 cents. It's 2 euros to get out of the carpark though which is a new con. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, the food/drink arrangements are utterly shite, eh. We got there extra early for our boarding tuition hoping to pick up some brekky. Caf not open until ten or something, so coffee only. Lessons on empty tummies, thanks very much Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy