Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helensburgh Snow Report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
A dusting at resort level this morning which melted throughout the course of the day, atop the black hill and in the glen the mountains are white! Signs are good for the coming season, would take photos but just now it is pretty much pitch blach, ahhh.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
so it pretty much looks like this then

Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arv, Laughing Laughing Laughing
The tops of the Campsie hills are white, it makes you feel like singing jingle bells.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Rest and Be Thankful is closed tonight due to snow....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What about the Cockbridge to Tomintoul?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not at all sure. Planning a hike (with skis on back) for Monday just to see whats going on..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure if the "mountain pas" (Rest and Be THankful) has reopened but a dusting at resort level over night, must be at least 5 cm on them there hills.

POWDER DAY Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi arv, give me a clue, I can't figure out the nickname?
Stevo
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DSC00025
DSC00026
DSC00027
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skiable?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy, not YET.. few more days of low temperatures/some snow which are forecast snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Of course it would be really helpful if Ski-Scotland could pull their finger out and update their website occasionally. It really is pretty useless. Mind you, some of the resorts' own websites aren't much better, although at least you can keep an eye on the webcams I suppose.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ct1, it is difficult, sometimes conditions are excellent but ski Scotland does not seam to reflect this..

Nevis Website is not bad....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv, I think Nevis's is probably the best. I find the Lecht's really user-unfriendly, not to mention ugly.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ct1, agreed, no real desire to go to the lecht anyways, too far from here. (
snow conditions
arv, same here, can't wait for the west coasters to open up!
snow conditions
Check the webcams today especially Glencoe!!!
latest report
More snow overnight.. more forecast, could we be getting a proper winter? Car read 3 below this morning, -4 on my way home from the pub last night.

Magic snowHead
snow conditions
ct1, Don't bother with skiscotland, just use winterhighland, it's so much better.
ski holidays
-2 right now woohoo
snow report
I'm going skiing tomorrow Very Happy
Went for a wander up Ben Aslak today and their is enough for skiing.
Woke to 2" of snow here and have had a few very heavy sleat showers today (I live all of 30ft above sea level) so snow above 300ft... I'm expecting over 12" up their tomorrow Very Happy
latest report
II, I read over on winter highland there isn't much of a base anywhere... don't fancy putting it into my skis. Was considering it-good amount of snow around Loch Lomond so there are some options.
snow conditions
arv, I have a pair of rock hoppers Toofy Grin there was ample when I walked up this morning and at least an other 4" have fallen this afternoon....
snow report
Ok left it too late there is about 6" of snow at 1000ft with a thick crust on and the hill I was going to go up is only 2000ft.
Above 1500ft this area seems to have loads more snow than elsewere near even the cuillin I'm guessing 2 feet at the top of sgurr na coinnich.

1000ft looking up

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 2-12-08 18:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
II, apparently Nevis open at the weekend, I will head up Saturday...

More snow here this morning, must be hell of a lot of snow on the hills...
snow report
Arv, I didn't realise H/burgh was the new happening resort, forget Kicking Horse, Helensburgh is where it is at!! My first ever skiing was in the field behind my folks old house at the top of town.... Unfortunately the piste has not been well kept, it's more a natural mogul field!
snow conditions
ac505, Kicking Horse has nothing on Helensburgh, the terrain on Terminator Ridge is tame compared to our back bowls and the glade skiing off the black hill. Where'd they live?
latest report
never been boarding or skiing in Helensburgh.
But i bet it's better than Xscape?!? Laughing
this info will save me the round trip to aviemore. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv wrote:
II, apparently Nevis open at the weekend, I will head up Saturday...

More snow here this morning, must be hell of a lot of snow on the hills...

If it opens I'll be there but I'm lazy and I've still not collected my season ticket yet so will likely be late morning when I get there and I'm so unfit i'll probably just ski the quad chair most of the day however Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
arv wrote:
More snow overnight.. more forecast, could we be getting a proper winter? Car read 3 below this morning, -4 on my way home from the pub last night.

Magic snowHead

i hope your right. i've not enjoyed our mountains for a long time.
i hope it pukes down for a week at least , then we can have freshies.
never trust the ski-scotland sites etc... they always tell you its 1000 times better than it really is.
i think they copy and paste photos from Val or les Arc. wink
ski holidays
kev360, are you shitting me? I enjoy our mountains every year and often get freshies, inc boot top corn in April last year!! The webcams don't lie.. last season Val or Les Arc could have been copying photos from us,
snow conditions
kev360---> http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/pix/displaypic.php?id=8631,489

NB the date.
ski holidays
kev360,

Don't bother with skiscotland, just use winterhighland, it's so much better. I seem to recall saying this yesterday. Sorry, no, it was 2 days ago.
ski holidays
Severe weather warning in place for Strathclyde, 20cm of snow forecast.
snow report
Raining at resort level, snowing hard up high. Just like Whistler...
snow report
arv, Didn't really materialise did it? I was up most of the night (youngest son was ill) and I kept peering out of the window searching for a stray snowflake but it just rained all night Crying or Very sad
snow report
Looks like Nevis may be backtracking on its hope of opening this weekend Sad
snow report
ickabodblue, I kept waking up to look out the window but nothing. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy