Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas comes early for French skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There is an avalanche of openings, or at least partial openings, in France this weekend, including Chamonix, La Clusaz, Les Houches, Les Contamines-Montjoie, Val d’Isere, six of the Portes du Soleil resorts (Avoriaz, Chatel, les Gets on the French side, as well as Champery, Morgin and Torgon for the Swiss), and Les Aillons in the Bauges near Chambery.

In the Isere, les Sept Laux has been open since Wednesday 26th November (they opened partially on the 30th October, the earliest ever date for this resort and the first non-glacier resort to open in Europe). They joined glacier resort of Les Deux Alpes. ...

In the Pyrenees, the following resorts are open this weekend:: La Pierre Saint-Martin, Gourette, Iraty, Le Somport, Cauterets, Piau, Le Tourmalet, Luz, Val d'Azun, Nistos, Payolle (free lift passes), Peyragudes. Ariège : Beille, Ax, Goulier, Les Monts d'Olmes, Le Chioula, Les Angles, Puigmal.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, And it's snowing again now!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, even in Grenoble, Hooning it down.

I've got a fuller list here:

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0865-avalanche-opening-french-ski-resorts/

including the Vosges, Massif Central and Southern Alps. There is a rumour that l'Alpe d'Huez will open tomorrow but nothing on the website at 10am
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

There is a rumour that l'Alpe d'Huez will open tomorrow but nothing on the website at 10am

davidof, I think it is - the bashers are certainly out and about getting it ready! Going up to SATA in a bit so will see what I can find out!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Ouverture du domaine de l'Alpe d'Huez ce week-end, Samedi 29 et dimanche 30 novembre 2008

I shall be getting the skis out in that case..... snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Davidof

Sorry to correct you but Les Sept Laux was at least the 4th non-glacier ski area to open in Europe this winter and was beaten into 4th place by nearly 4 weeks....

1st Place - The Lecht, Scotland. 31 October.

2nd= Cairngorm, Scotland. 1 November

2nd= Yad Moss, England. 1 November

Here's the evidence:-

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/

We had an incredible weekend on 1/2 November and skiied powder at both the Lecht and Cairngorm under blue skies. Amazing! wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
John Crawford wrote:
Davidof

Sorry to correct you but Les Sept Laux was at least the 4th non-glacier ski area to open in Europe this winter and was beaten into 4th place by nearly 4 weeks....

They opened on the 30th October, that beats the Lecht by a day in my book.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And to be fair, it sounds like Les Sept Laux has remaind open for longer than Lecht.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ooh Betty....

Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnboy wrote:
And to be fair, it sounds like Les Sept Laux has remaind open for longer than Lecht.

I don't know about that. Congrats to the Scottish resorts, good to see the early start.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think The Lecht has been open at least one, maybe two, weekends since 31st October...

... and the Nevis cams are looking excellent today with the Glencoe ones looking like there's a whiteout there.

Sorry, shouldn't big up home skiing should I... Razz
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alpe d'Huez yesterday morning (29th Nov) snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
John Crawford wrote:
Davidof

1st Place - The Lecht, Scotland. 31 October.

2nd= Cairngorm, Scotland. 1 November

2nd= Yad Moss, England. 1 November

Here's the evidence:-

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/

We had an incredible weekend on 1/2 November and skiied powder at both the Lecht and Cairngorm under blue skies. Amazing! wink

In Pyrenées Masella Opened on 8th of November, and Puigmal on 15/11.

And on 22/11, Cauterets, and Piau Engaly, Vallnord, Grandvalira in Andorra also opened. In Spanish side Baqueira-Beret and Formigal opened too on 22/11.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy