Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

California

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whilst many western Alpine resorts are scratching about on a thin rocky base, right now it seems that most of the world's snow is falling on central and northern California.

Both the Mammoth and the Lake Tahoe areas have a base depth of 10 feet. Shocked

Thats a respectable mid April depth for a big snow area like St Anton.
For early January its staggering.

http://www.kirkwood.com/conditions.asp
http://www.mammothmountain.com/#

With events like this it is perhaps understandable (if not excusable) why some Americans find it difficult to comprehend global warming. They seem to be in a part of the planet that is experiencing slight global cooling.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PeterS, And the skiing has been fantastic! snowHead Check out www.squaw.com
Although we did get a big storm at the same time last year, and a major storm in October - Kirkwood opened on October 22nd!!!

And you are right about some Americans finding it difficult to comprehend global warming, but then it does tend to be a rather ethnocentric country, although this has changed dramatically since the Twin Towers fell.

Quote:

a part of the planet that is experiencing slight global cooling.

it's not the cooling that is the factor really - it's the precipitation, which is much needed in the Lake Tahoe area since there has been a drought in the region and the lake level has been dropping. During the summer the entire region is high risk for forest fires and there were a few last summer, so we're very glad of the snow. Smile snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I feel the need to update on the Tahoe snow - It's still snowing!!!!!!!!! They've had another major storm come through in the last three days, with a bit of a break today, but it is supposed to continue snowing heavily for another two or three days. One down side - I keep having to dig my car out, and I got it stuck last night! Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy