Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transport required from Tignes to Moutiers on 19th December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone help? My daughter is on a pre-Christmas university ski trip to Tignes which ends on 20th December and then is joining us in Courchevel for Christmas.

I know there is a bus from Moutiers to Courchevel, is there a bus from Tignes to Moutiers? I have been on the Altibus web site, but it isn't clear from there whether there is a bus or not. (When it comes to it I don't want to waste a day driving from Courchevel to Tignes and back when I could be skiing.)

Alternatively can anyone offer her a lift (she is only small although she does have her own skis). She will be travelling on either the Friday 19th or Saturday 20th December.

Thanks

Paul
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Red Penguin wrote:
Can anyone help? My daughter is on a pre-Christmas university ski trip to Tignes which ends on 20th December and then is joining us in Courchevel for Christmas.

I know there is a bus from Moutiers to Courchevel, is there a bus from Tignes to Moutiers? I have been on the Altibus web site, but it isn't clear from there whether there is a bus or not. (When it comes to it I don't want to waste a day driving from Courchevel to Tignes and back when I could be skiing.)

Alternatively can anyone offer her a lift (she is only small although she does have her own skis). She will be travelling on either the Friday 19th or Saturday 20th December.

Thanks

Paul

Welcome to snowHead - you'll get better answers here than on that skiclub site wink

Let her travel on the Saturday - Assuming the rest of the univ punters are getting bussed back to their airport to go home on the saturday then she may be able to get dropped in Moutiers (do it unofficially with the rep for beer tokens, rather than via front offce). A lot of the TO's seem to use Moutiers as a staging/switchover point, so that they can re-shuffle coaches although as it's not peak season there might be less of that going on.

There is a bus from Tignes to Bourg St. Maurice, starting from 09:00 IIRC. From bourg then can train to moutiers. From moutiers there's probably a local bus up the hill, or time it so that she skis tignes on the last day to catch a late bus to BSM, hops on the train to Moutiers and you meet her there.

Alternatively hitching to / from Tignes and BSM seems quite common - a lot of traffic heading out of tignes is going to BSM, there's not much else (other than Val Diz & Ste. Foy & Seez) in between. Seems to be more socially accepted / acceptable in the mountains than in the UK. Carrying a pair of skis would probably help wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red Penguin, welcome to snowheads.

Can't help with that lift, but I do often have spare seats between Geneva and the Arly Valley during the season and I suggested last year that we might have a "sticky" thread for people offering or wanting lifts.

I would have thought there would be a bus from BSM to Moutiers - there are certainly plenty travelling between the two. Far more buses on Saturdays than Fridays.

Two ski hols? she's a lucky girl, even if her parent can't be bothered to go and pick her up. wink

She could probably hitch - I'd pick up a small girl with skis if I had my roof bars on. I do pick up cold looking people by the roadside from time to time. It can lead to a free French conversation class!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red Penguin, welcome to snowheads, i am doing the exact same trip on the 12th...

The coach from Tignes to GVA definately stops in Moutiers but online you can only purchase a ticket through to the airport, i am going to check at the bus depot in Tignes to see how much a moutiers only ticket may be. I cant imagine it will be a problem but French bureaucracy may rear its head.

other option is to get to BSM and take the train to moutiers, it is pretty cheap and runs fairly frequently.

the Coach from Moutiers to courch is running that week but a slightly reduced service, last years schedule is here

http://pleva.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/moutiermottaretbustimetable0708.pdf
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Red Penguin, I think my colleague Jude has already left a reply somewhere else where you've asked about this for you to contact her for help - her email address is mail@mountainsunltd.com
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Red Penguin, welcome to snowHead snowHead could she not get the uni coach to drop her off in BSM? It'll have to go through there anyway and then get the train to Moutiers? If they won't she'll easily be able to hitch down the hill, seasonaires do that trip all the time for cheap beer and food from the valley.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
of course the punchy way of doing it would be to stick a rucksack on, get dropped in BSM, up the funicular, ski across to La Plagne, over the back to champagny. Thumb a lift to bozel then up the hill to le praz, hop on the bubble and job done. I might have to put that one on my list of things to do this season, and go and see Johnnyboy!

According to this thread there's a off-piste route that might do the trick as well - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=36422 and it talks about a bus from champagny to Brides but that only runs on a sunday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy