Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

booking for 3 versus 4

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been looking at deals and "on paper" it looks that some deals of appartments booked for 4 are cheaper then for 3 Puzzled !!
there are 3 of us, but i do not mind booking an extra person and paying for " it" if the total is less,
how crazy is this ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
helena57, If you want an extra person (foc) I have no problems with a free holiday wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
helena57, but if you have 3 people in a 4 person apartment do you have to pay an under-occupancy supplement? Or are you paying per apartment rather than per person? I charge a flat rate when I rent my apartment, regardless of whether there is one person in it or four, but was always frustrated by under-occupancy supplements when I used to book self-catering holidays.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
arv,
I snore !, no other disgusting habits,
will be back later
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
helena57, some apartments are the same price whether you fill them to the maximum or just have one person, ours certainly are. Are the ones you are looking at packages maybe Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm guessing helena57, is saying that the under-occupancy charge is more than the price of a fourth person.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
helena57, Is this with a TO if so the way they organise apartments and under occupancy rates is a bit of a rip off! Get a flight, transfer and apartment, it will be cheaper!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Get a flight, transfer and apartment, it will be cheaper!

Not always cheaper than TO deals. The transfer is often what makes the difference. And at Christmas independent apartment owners will be looking for something other than rock bottom rents. Christmas flights are not that cheap now, either. At this stage a TO deal is probably a good bet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have been looking for a deal for Christmas, have spent 2 days looking at every cheap-ish deal available,
by which time the bottom prices were gone, and i wanted the cheapest going,
the difficulties:
there are 3 of us, in that 2 kids 6 & 9,
fussy eaters,
I did not know where I wanted to go,
they can ski but are still learning and I tend to join a group,

I could have had a deal for cheap accomodation, even a lift pass to go with it but would have had to hire a car for a trf, a bit iffy- a woman on her own with kids + snow and possible injuries on the slopes,

finally, I have found Soldeu( Andorra), Bellavista appartments, SC, for £ 664, with flights and trf, flights alone are £ 89 each, the car would have been say £ 150,
I do not think I could have done it cheaper, and I can relax about the trf,

in the end I thought Andorra might be good as I have not been there, couple more hols and Andorra migh not be of interest to us anymore, also the lessons, passes and gear are cheaper there,
we will go posh when the kids start paper rounds Twisted Evil

re the PM I had with Pam, at this point they are selling out the flights , so IMV the prices will not go down that much,
a very happy Ms Scrooge here wink , just need to get rid of the cold and get back to training !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roy Hockley wrote:
helena57, Is this with a TO if so the way they organise apartments and under occupancy rates is a bit of a rip off! Get a flight, transfer and apartment, it will be cheaper!

Sometimes it will be.

Often it won't.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
helena57, glad you've found something. That sounds a very good deal and I can well understand why you didn't want to cope with hiring a car and driving on your own with the kids. Hope you have a great holiday. I imagine that any spare space in your holiday baggage will be stuffed with things for fussy eaters. snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alex_heney, I agree if it is a late availability trip but usualy I have found that DIY stacks up much better than a TO. It seems your experiences have me more expensive ..... Discuss!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, Now that xmas week is mentioned I can see her point but at the time I posted I thought she was just after a deal! Xmas, New Year and the French half term weeks ....... Laughing Laughing Laughing all the way to the bank wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roy Hockley, Christmas not nearly as much as the others; there are some good last minute Christmas deals most years though after last year's excellent Christmas snow, maybe fewer this year.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, Christmas has always been good for us, when we were not there ourselves!

We are looking forward to some good snow. Heading over the 10th December! snowHead snowHead snowHead Laughing Happy days!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy