Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flights to Innsbruck or Zurich?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We usually fly EJ from BRS to INN. However, the flights don't start until the 15/12 and we were thinking of going on the 4th for 4 nights. I don't seem to be able to find direct flights from anywhere else to Innsbruck - anyone know of any? I've looked at flights to Zurich from LHR with Swiss and BA but the transfer to Lech (Arlberg Express) only runs Fri, Sat, Sun. Any other way from Zurich apart from a costly taxi? Train?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just booked Gatwick to Innsbruck with EJ as that's all we could find, might be worth a try although Gatwick's probably even more of a trek for you Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jonm, 5hr drive, parking, arguments etc. - not worth it. Sad

I've found the OBB website but I can't find the 'hin und zuruck' tickets. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
erica2004, from Zurich wouldn't you need the SBB web site? www.sbb.ch

Also worth looking at car hire? Although I seem to recall Zurich to Lech is a bit of a pain (as opposed to St Anton which is a doddle if you exclude the daylight robbery known as the Arlberg tunnel)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, thought as much. It's a good 3hrs drive for me too, which I'm not looking forward to at all.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
erica2004, Innsbruck is a pain to get to but best for Lech (try getting flights from Scotland to Innsbruck - one a week and £265 a pop Sad ) Train to Langen am Arlberg is only about 10 mins away. The St Anton website is good for finding out stuff about transfers etc http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/winter/ViewPage.asp?Site=STANTON2-WINTER&PageID=206&lang=201. Alternatively Ryanair do flights to Friedrchshafen, which I've done on a couple of occassions and its almost as good as Innsbruck, but not quite
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
erica2004, Train from Zurich to Langen is very easy... 2 hours 40 mins with only one change at Zurich Main station - effectivly a direct service as you always have to change there in my experience. Taxi up to Lech and your sorted! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy