Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where in bulgaria?

Poster: A snowHead
I have found some good deals to bansko, borovets and pamorovo.

2 Males going both 26 years old, we want plenty of snow, good nightlife (clubs) and nice places to eat.

I have read reviews on all places and one resort hase an ok nightlife and good slopes the other has ok slopes and good nightlife. the other place is good slopes but seems tranquil. is there an in "betweener"

i would like some slopes with forestry/sceenery runs etc.

Can anyone enlighten me on the most suitable resort for 2 males.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shayneP wrote:
2 Males going both 26 years old, we want plenty of snow, good nightlife (clubs) and nice places to eat......i would like some slopes with forestry/sceenery runs etc

Can anyone enlighten me on the most suitable resort for 2 males.

Sounds like Austria's the place for you wink

Seriously, what week or you looking at and what sort of price for what type of accommodation? I think you would get much better value for money and a better quality skiing experience in Austria snowHead Never mind the nightlife wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have to go on the 10th jan.

looking to spend £200 to £300 and 3/4 start accom s/c of half board.

the deals i found in Bulgaria were 4star half board for around £280. flying from gatwick.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i booked bansko for 3rd jan for £249 half board
£90 lift tickets
through inghams blue square deal
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shayneP, gosh - that is a good deal! Well I doubt you'll beat that price-wise in Austria. Sorry, I have no idea about the different resorts in Bulgaria though! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Go to Austria. Bulgaria is a mess. What looks cheap upfront wont be good value. The skiing is rubbish, the Bulgies can be horrid. If you choose Bulgaria, take a good look around because you wont go back.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go Bansko shane better skiing, better bars, better snow conditions, and snow cannons, but it is not to pretty as lot of Bansko is part built.
Nigelb, when you go there it wil still be the Russian xmas hols very busy 2 hours in the gondola que if you don't get there before about 9.30, if you do tip of the century is get a taxi to the mid section. cost about 10 lev last year much better than standing with the Ruskis.
What Hotels fellas? We stayed at the Strazhite nice hotel, sh it food, walking distance to the gondola, old town lots of good bars and resturants. Friends stayed in Hotel Bansko Nice hotel food ok, bit far out from the ammenities bus to the gondola, Guiness hotel lovely acommadation further away than hotel bansko.
Hope it helps

wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shayneP, Austria. One of the boys that normally comes to St Anton with us went with other mates to Bansko (I think - one of the big Bulgarian resorts anyway) with price being a major influence. He hated it. Thought it was dead sleazy and skiing was nothing like that of St Anton. Thing is you wont get to St Anton for £300 though. Based on my mates experience you get what you pay for basically - caveat emptor wink There will be some decent deals going to Austria though, albiet maybe not the likes of St Anton or Ischgl, but possibly some of the resorts close to Kitzbuhel may come nearer your price range
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Thought it was dead sleazy

Yeah, it is... the women can be beautiful and brought for the night for next to nothing. All the currency is fake (although everyone accepts it in the resorts) and I agree that it is sleazy and would never go back.

i'd prefer to spend that little bit more and go to Austria if you want the good nightlife. Bulgaria is truly horrid ! in fact, better off in Scotland .... or Milton Keynes Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Libertine, what a load of old tosh Wink

Corrections to your post:

- The women can be beautiful, but not all, there are some real howlers about.
- Women can be BOUGHT wink for the night but not for next to nothing. Unfortunately underage gypsy girls are common place but not in the ski resorts, more like Sofia.
- A very small % of money is fake.
- There are many good night spots; you just do not know where they are wink
- Bulgaria is not truly horrid, I manage to have a good time. Beautiful scenery, lovely wine, food, plenty of character and its cheap.

However, to make the most of BG, you do need to know the places to go. I would not go on a package holiday there. I would try Austria, but that doesn’t mean the place is a dive! Toofy Grin

Ahh.... Feel better now Blush
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CJ001 wrote:
Go Bansko shane better skiing, better bars, better snow conditions, and snow cannons, but it is not to pretty as lot of Bansko is part built.
Nigelb, when you go there it wil still be the Russian xmas hols very busy 2 hours in the gondola que if you don't get there before about 9.30, if you do tip of the century is get a taxi to the mid section. cost about 10 lev last year much better than standing with the Ruskis.
What Hotels fellas? We stayed at the Strazhite nice hotel, sh it food, walking distance to the gondola, old town lots of good bars and resturants. Friends stayed in Hotel Bansko Nice hotel food ok, bit far out from the ammenities bus to the gondola, Guiness hotel lovely acommadation further away than hotel bansko.
Hope it helps

wink

Yeah, and CJ doesn't have an 'agenda'. rolling eyes

If you weigh up the pros and cons Bulgaria is not working as a ski destination. It will die in the short term, possibly to recover in 10-15yrs. There are many complex political and cultural reasons as to why it's not working which will take a long time to resolve.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chappers wrote:
Libertine, what a load of old tosh Wink

Corrections to your post:

- The women can be beautiful, but not all, there are some real howlers about.
- Women can be BOUGHT wink for the night but not for next to nothing. Unfortunately underage gypsy girls are common place but not in the ski resorts, more like Sofia.
- A very small % of money is fake.
- There are many good night spots; you just do not know where they are wink
- Bulgaria is not truly horrid, I manage to have a good time. Beautiful scenery, lovely wine, food, plenty of character and its cheap.

However, to make the most of BG, you do need to know the places to go. I would not go on a package holiday there. I would try Austria, but that doesn’t mean the place is a dive! Toofy Grin

Ahh.... Feel better now Blush

Correction to your post

A friend of mine was propositioned by a prostitute inside a Hotel in Pamporova !!, what's more his Wife was with him at the time. Razz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kel wrote:
Chappers wrote:

- Women can be BOUGHT wink

Correction to your post

A friend of mine was propositioned by a prostitute inside a Hotel in Pamporova !!, what's more his Wife was with him at the time. Razz

Thats what I said wink So by my reckoning that makes your post an incorrect correction. Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hi banskos not so bad,
was over there a couple of weeks ago to do a bit of work on brother n laws place,
they have stopped alot of the building work,well not all of it, but are concentrating on the roads and paths.(well needed)
ive not been many places ski wise but its ok for a cheap week about 2 and half quid a pint up the mountain plenty of bars and clubs in the town foods a bit hit and miss cheap though 3 course for about 15 quid.

plentyof treelined runs. if your a s**t hot skier dont bother only a couple of blacks.

im an adventurous(scare the crap out of myself) intermediate and have been twice bit bored of it now but lure of free accom keeps me going back.

to sum it up cheap and cheerful for a boozey ski
oh and some nice bar workers wink if you need some bar/resturant names ill find out pm me
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Downhilldan, No agenda, just been there a few times because it was what I could afford and I enjoyed it more than going to the snowdome. It won't win any awards for chocolate box resort but it kept me skiing for the last 5 years. After last season trip though and a hefty pay rise at work, I'm off to Canada for a fortnight to visit JB007 at Tremblant. The value of my pound had dropped significantly because of the exchange rate and the bugs ramped up the prices last season, so now I don't have to ski there I won't , no agenda, just wanted to give some unbiased, value orientated comment, rather than making the guy feel like he was making the biggest mistake of his life. rolling eyes
snow conditions
OK, you want whores - go to amsterdam
OK, you want nightlife - go to austria
ok, you want brilliant varied skiing - go to france
OK, you want cheap - back to austria
OK, you want decent currency - stay out of england Very Happy
OK, you want unreliable snow - Bulgaria
OK, you want dodgy currency more common than noted - Bulgaria
OK, you want a £300 ski trip - no whores, good snow - cheap rates - decent location - 2 guys - Mayrhofen fits that.....
snow report
Bulgaria is for ski HOLIDAYS not SKI holidays if you catch my drift wink you will have a go time there just go with an open mind, i go there once a year due to family but also go somewhere else for my main boarding trip hope this helps snowHead
snow conditions
romeowner, is from WALES..... dont listen to hims, bridge end is no skiing mecca.........stick with austria
latest report
Libertine, Charming NehNeh
ski holidays
CJ001 wrote:
Downhilldan, No agenda, just been there a few times because it was what I could afford and I enjoyed it more than going to the snowdome. It won't win any awards for chocolate box resort but it kept me skiing for the last 5 years. After last season trip though and a hefty pay rise at work, I'm off to Canada for a fortnight to visit JB007 at Tremblant. The value of my pound had dropped significantly because of the exchange rate and the bugs ramped up the prices last season, so now I don't have to ski there I won't , no agenda, just wanted to give some unbiased, value orientated comment, rather than making the guy feel like he was making the biggest mistake of his life. rolling eyes

The 'value' argument doesn't stack-up. I've been to Bansko half a dozen times as a member of our family has an apartment out there. I'm reasonably well qualified to speak on the subject. A good deal in a central European resort (perhaps not some of the well known french resorts) would equate to a far, far superior holiday for no more money.

The skiing is very limited in Bansko, eating on the mountain is a rip-off, the locals can be horrid, if you enjoy skiing with 'dodgy money' Russians you'll enjoy the company. Need I go on?
ski holidays
Downhilldan,

I'll second that, been once to Bansko on a cheap deal. Would not go back, this was 2 years ago the place was a building site in progress, apparently it still is with no prospect of ever getting finished. Food might be cheap but was bloody awful, ate pizza for a week as it was the only thing they managed to do which was edible.
snow conditions
Kel wrote:
Downhilldan,

I'll second that, been once to Bansko on a cheap deal. Would not go back, this was 2 years ago the place was a building site in progress, apparently it still is with no prospect of ever getting finished. Food might be cheap but was bloody awful, ate pizza for a week as it was the only thing they managed to do which was edible.

So what's your problem with cold fatty, greasy meat dishes with luke warm spuds? wink
snow report
shayneP, have you booked anywhere as yet ?
latest report
Downhilldan wrote:
Kel wrote:
Downhilldan,

So what's your problem with cold fatty, greasy meat dishes with luke warm spuds? wink

Laughing Laughing It's them checking out how much cash you have in your wallet, when you're paying the bill for said fatty Lamb stew, ready to mug you when you're staggering back home that un-nerves me wink
latest report
Kel wrote:
Downhilldan,

I'll third that. I went to Bansko last year and will not return. Building site and it was abit short on snow which I know you wont beleave this but you need that stuff to ski! The ques for the lift were a joke in the morning we waited more that 40 mins.

I'd do some overtime or get a 2nd job if I were you to pay a little extra for somewhere else.
latest report
It's a long time since we went to Bulgaria (Borovets) but I've never been tempted to go back and couldn't recommend it to anyone. Yes, it WAS cheap, but the skiing was fairly rubbish, the infrastructure was hopeless, the food was largely inedible and yes, the hotel reception was populated by prostitutes from late afternoon onwards.
snow report
Do not go to Borovets !!
snow conditions
I have been to Borovets twice.

I had great holidays but I knew the score.

Incredibly cheap, awful food, the hotel staff grumpy and chain smoking. The walls were thin as paper. The doors like wardrobe doors and the chamber maid did tn bother to lock them. You could have broken in with a spoon though so not a huge difference. We just took our valuables with us.

I wasnt that interested in prostitutes but I did notice them around. I didnt have any fake currency issues.

The first time the snow was fab and my skiing OK. The second time the snow was not so great and my skiing a bit better.

I am not going back because I did feel a bit limited by the slopes by the end of the second time. However I would not have been able to afford any other skiing holidays at the time and both were fantastically fun holidays. I think the thing is you get what you pay for and you have to go with your eyes open and a good attitude.

It is not for everyone but I dont regret either trip and feel very positive about the holidays. I just have grown up in my skiing a bit.

(This year Im going to Val'd'sere costing about 3 times the price. Ouch!)

So I loved borovets but it isnt Winterpark and never will be. Those who cant rough it probably should avoid!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="struthie"]
(This year Im going to Val'd'sere costing about 3 times the price. Ouch!)

I wouldn't. Sad Val d' is living off of a rep that it no longer deserves. Go to Italy, loads better value and great skiing in the right spots.
snow report
thanks for that! Already booked so not an option. Maybe next time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy