Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coste Noundy - backcountry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can see this slope while sat at the kitchen table and in my office so it has been on my 'to do' list for a while now. I did try it last year but got my timing all wrong due to the access road being very snowed in, so didnt make it.

This time I managed to drive much higher up which was good. I still had to hike for over a k with my skis and boots on my pack to get to the snow.

From the summit I could see these slopes

on the tete de Soleil Boeuf. They look like perfect, steep, north facing slopes. The big cliff at the bottom is a bit off putting but I think you can traverse out just above it, perhaps with a bit of combat skiing necessary. And then that sharp peak in the distance, the Pointe de Serre, looks like it has an amazing pitch down its east face. Look out for trip reports from these two coming some time soon.

I was on my own so lots of static self timer shots of me

no action shots though

More (bigger) pics, full story, map and link to google earth file here
Costa Noundy Ski Tour

Cheers

Phil

PS. is it obvious on my site that you can click on the small pictures to get bigger pictures? or should i mention it?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
philingle wrote:
on the tete de Soleil Boeuf. They look like perfect, steep, north facing slopes. The big cliff at the bottom is a bit off putting but I think you can traverse out just above it, perhaps with a bit of combat skiing necessary.

that traverse looks sketchy in the extreme!

nice TR
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with Arno: that traverse out looks dangerous !! And you'd have no choice once you got there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nice report, and as you said nice slope, but maybe too exposed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball wrote:
that traverse out looks dangerous !! And you'd have no choice once you got there.

I'd go in that way, climb up through the trees, across the traverse and onto the slopes, then I'd be sure I could get back out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy