Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TELL ME ABOUT ATOMIC METRONS...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm after information on the Atomic Metron Beta Puls M2 ski. I guess they've been around since 2005?

Where did they fit in the metron range and what would they have cost new?

I am looking to buy skis and considering wether to buy new or decent second hand ones. There are some metron M2s on 'Tebay at the moment. I,m also trying to figure out the difference between Head iXRCs and Head Xi5.0s. They are similarly priced,same skier level. I have noticed the Xenons are 4mm wider tip,waist and tail so i assume they maybe more suitable off-piste.
I ski mainly on piste but have been venturing slightly more into off-piste over the last season or two.
I'm about 5'11" and 80 kilos and think a 170cm ski would suit me.

All info/comments welcomed. Ta. Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bloody HEAVY.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup real heavy, you won't want to go off-piste with them. If you want to continue your progression with off-piste skiing then get something else
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman wrote:
Bloody HEAVY.

agree, I used them in Tignes 2 years back I tired just carrying them on my shoulder Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just what i didn't want to hear rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes .

I think the Head skis are a lot lighter. I rented some in Canada a couple of years back and really liked them but i can,t remember the specific model. They seemed to perform quite well under all conditions but then again i'm never going to push a ski too hard Embarassed

Thanks for the info so far. More welcome, especially from anyone who has tried or bought the Heads.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a look through www.realskiers.com reviews for the last 5 years, and I didn't see any match for the Metron Beta Puls M2 - maybe the name's not quite correct or it's a retail model for Decathlon or similar?

The Heads' are easier: the Xenon Xi 5.0 is a pretty low-end ski and the iXRC isn't one model; there are numerous models from different years from developing intermediate up to expert level - quite frankly, Head's naming schemes are terrible.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GeorgeVII, I'm 175cm and around the same weigth and use the metron m10 titatanium beta plus -Very heavy but well worth the effort as they are extremely rewarding, even off piste as they have wide tips. OK for say a t70/30 split.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jivebaby, the OP was 23rd Nov 08 rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jivebaby, not very timely but you are right, the Metron 10 was the unsung hero of the line.

The ski has, however, been surpassed; there are now skis with better versatility and better feel both.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GeorgeVII, I ski on Metron 10's, bought them December 2007 based largely on advice off here.

First off they're heavy as hell, as stated above, but don't let that put you off, I've used them in waist deep powder off piste, through the bumps and down icy blacks, never had a problem; were the have let me down is when you go flat out, I find them very "flappy"; apart from that they're sound.

Like everything else though, they're probably a bit dated now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GeorgeVII, I've got Metron B5's up for sale if you're interested - 163's. PM me an email adddress if interested.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're looking for a versatile ski, in the Head range you might want to consider the old Monsters (eg. 78 or 82) or the latest Peak range. Good skis on and off piste.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
THIS THREAD IS 13 MONTHS OLD! rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy