Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Palmer Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was just browsing online shops and came across palmer skis. I knew they made boards but never knew anything more about them than that and it turns out they make skis too. Was just wondering if anyone knew what they were like, just out of curiousity really. One of their skis claims to have been awarded Powder Mag skiier's choice award (for 2009 somehow) so i guess they can't be terrible. I had a quick search on here but nothing useful seemed to come up. http://www.palmersnowboards.com/palmer08/en/gear/skiFinder
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm guessing these are as unknown to everyone else as they are to myself then
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, first I've heard of them...

look nice though!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You know who Shaun Palmer is though huh? Stick his name in to You Tube or something. Total snowboarding / snowsports legend. IIRC bad boy turned athlete, won a load of events for Boarder X, so took up skiing, won some skier X stuff, so took up anything else he could win at.

He must be almost 40 now and still tears it up! He started making his own snowboards ages ago, hard to find in Europe but still popular. He's been making skis for a few seasons now.

I thought the website sucked, you can't find any details about the skis, dimensions etc. Nice to see they are finally doing a wider powder jib ski. In the past they did very skier X / piste orientated skis.

I have never skied them but a guy I know if Verbier has a deal going with them, I've flexed two pairs, a short skier X thing - pretty hardcore and a longer GS style thing that looked pretty cool - if that's what you're in to.

edit for typos
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parlor, you got as much snow as we have?? Is there anything more than LdV and R'net open yet?

Might have to come over on Thursday for some admin chores and may head up for an hour or two to get the legs working again...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Powderhound, it's rubbish, I wouldn't bother. Still only Funispace / LDV lifts open but you can now ski anything you want... Creblet (all the way down! gold course included), No 1 (seriously tracked on Sunday), ATC, petit Tortin, Star Wars... everything is go go go...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

it's rubbish, I wouldn't bother.

good, good... And still snowing??
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Should be good skis, I had a Palmer snowboard which was very good, fast and stiff think it was a Honeycircle so if you get a chance take them for a spin.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Should be good skis, I had a Palmer snowboard which was very good, fast and stiff think it was a Honeycircle so if you get a chance take them for a spin.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
el nombre, i seem to remember spotting some reviews of palmer skis in the gear forums on epic...may be worth a dig...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah I'm pretty familiar with Shaun Palmer as he used to ride downhill bikes too. In fact he's making a comeback this season, getting on a bit but is still going to do pretty well i reckon. and there's plenty of info on the skis if you actually click on the skis, you don't really get much better to be honest.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy