Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help on Ski Schools please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
Has anyone any experience with any of these ski schools ?

Prosneige - http://menuires.prosneige.fr/en/ski-school/ski-child-group-lesson.php

or Snowbow or ESF (Les Menuires).

It will be for a 10 year old who is currently having his 1st lessons at dry slope (so a beginner).

Also, anyone used the ESF Nurseries ? Our baby will be 8 months old in February !
http://www.esf-lesmenuires.com/ski-school-menuires/les-menuires/village-des-enfants/nursery

The hotel has offered us a babysitter, but at 13 Euros an hour !

Any guidance / help warmly welcomed ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used Snowbow in March 2008, very good, they are a small outfit, seemed to care about their customers, we had Laurence, she was excellent. A couple of time we came across some of her pupils and she would make sure they were OK. Mind you I'm not a 10 year old, but if they employ someone who cares it must say something about the company. We are going back to les M and are hoping to book a couple of lessons with them. We came across some of the ESF classes and they were large in size 12+. Baby sitting try the tourist office.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CarlT

Prosneige in Val Thorens, generally gets a good rep on here - and indeed I think is used during the EOSB

Assuming you're going to Les M @ 1/2 term (based on the 10 year old) then I'd avoid ESF there like the plague - I had a nightmare there at 1/2 term see - http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1071552&highlight=esf#1071552

BUT it could just be that I was unlucky with my instructress / personality clash / me being unfit etc...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies.
We are going in Half Term (because of the 10 year old!)

One further question, by the time we go my son will have had about 9 lessons at our local slope. He is getting the hang of snowplough turns etc - would you suggest he goes in a beginner group or the next one up ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CarlT, 13€ an hour is about minimum wage which is 7,30€ (I think) plus the social charges which an employer has to make for it's employee, so probably about right for someone employed by the hotel )or an agency) to babysit. We have discussed something similar for a cleaning job on another forum.

edit-SMIC (minimum wage is actually over 8€ per hour now apparently)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 24-11-08 23:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CarlT wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

One further question, by the time we go my son will have had about 9 lessons at our local slope. He is getting the hang of snowplough turns etc - would you suggest he goes in a beginner group or the next one up ?

The instructors usually have a look at their students skiing an easy slope before finalising any groups. Also they tend to move students to the next group if they are clearly more advanced than the others in the group.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CarlT wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

By definition he is not a beginner.. beginners spend some time with basic putting skis on, sliding and sidestepping, all of which he looks like he has surpassed. Explain when booking.

I've seen ski-schools run a sorting hat - get the punters to go down a little slope making turns and then the instructors split them into groups based on abillity, and at 1/2 term they might even all go to the same bit of slope to allow mid-lesson regrades - generally kicking the muppet down a level (twas me!)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy