Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late booking for Canada

Poster: A snowHead
My non skiing wife has actually suggested an additional trip next year to Banff in Canada.

She is currently looking at late booking which are coming in at about £600 for a week on 25 Feb. This is reasonable but I'm wondering whether we should wait until closer to the time and see if it goes lower. The downside is that we could miss out totally.

Views?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Running a risk - reduced air carrier capacity may mean that TOs can sell their seats readily rather than cut themselves to the bone. £ hurting against c$ may mean already a bit of a bargain if our gov & BofE continue to talk down the £.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Id go for it.. depending on where the accommo is.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd go for it now - £600 for a week in Banff in Feb is fantastic value, irrespective of the location of the accommodation.

1. You're not likely to be in Canada thinking "I wish we'd paid less for this incredible skiing holiday...."

2. You would be thinking "I wish we'd booked that Banff trip before it sold out..."
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mountainaddict, disagree with the price thing. Been in February before for far less.

Agree with the other 2.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
inghams canada show a square deal at 399 for the end of jan...

http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski/SquareDeals.aspx
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arv, you may have been in February for less in previous years, but we've noticed a big increase in TO prices to Canada over the last year or so. Cymru am Byth, I'd go for it for sure. That price is very reasonable for that time of year. Do you know which hotel or is it allocation on arrival? Just make sure that is the final price and they're not going to add in 'under-occupancy' for the 2 of you in what could be a room for 4.

kitenski, although nothing to say where that deal is - taking a chance and unlikely to be in Banff.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd try to push it for 10 days if you can, cost is unlikely to be much more. Given the flight times, jet lag, etc it's well worth it. When I went it was about 5 days before I felt as if I was getting to grips with it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd agree with trying to get 10 days if you can, just because, as Colin B says, the cost is unlikely to be much more. But we've never found jet lag to be a problem going there - it's like having a very late night when you first arrive and then we wake up early each morning - no bad thing! Coming back though it normally takes me about a week of struggling into work before I'm back in UK time Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, Too much of a risk, really looking to be in Banff.

Colin B, cathy, Skied a couple of times each in Banff and Whistler, encountered the jet lag before. The previous times though been part of a larger group so it's been a bit of a party on the plane and that has got me ready for bed. You're right about the price though. Looked at the 11 day holiday and it's on £60 dearer for the 4 extra nights.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thats a well good price, have you got a link to it? I've been looking and cant get anything below £900!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The prices I'm quoting are from the lastminute site, where two of us can go for about £600 each.

When I go through the Iglu site they insist on charging for four and then adding on underoccupancy. This makes them more expensive. The annoying part is that they have the Banff Springs in there at a reasonable price, which I would like to go to. The underoccupancy however makes it too expensive.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cymru am Byth, here are there Banff prices, looks they do a square deal to Banff...

http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski/Prices.aspx?type=resort&code=BFF:
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Inghams square deals to "canada" are usually to Panorama, according to the Inghams rep we spoke to one year. you pay extra to specfify your resort
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cymru am Byth, yes, I suspected as much. That's why I asked that question above Sad
latest report
I didn't say £600 for a package to Banff was cheap - I said it was good value (eg when compared to a Euro week in Feb - say Val D'Isere or Courchevel....). Feb flights to Calgary are a minimum of £400 - £450 - so £150 to £200 for accommodation and a transfer is great value.

As for square deals to Panorama - you wouldn't be disappointed with the ski area there. It's excellent - and very very quiet on the runs too.
latest report
kitenski, I think that's the cheapest that I've seen so far. I say think because this site is even more complicated in not stating the supplements until you actually book.

nbt
, The link is for Banff accomodation only.
ski holidays
Cymru am Byth, SOrry, yesy it is - I was referrring to SQuare deals in general. THey do three tiers - you can specify country, resort or accomodation, paying a premium for each level. If you simply choose "Canada", it will most likely be Panorama.
snow report
Go for it...

we went to whistler last year in late february and we booked 14 days before we went... got a late deal with skiworld and got 11 nights catered chalet for 950 each..... it was 900 for 6 nights to put it in perspective.

There will probably be enough travel capacity to leave it later to book than now...... are we not in the twighlight zone just now between early booking offers and last minute cheapness
snow conditions
The wife, bless her cotton socks, has now decided on Whistler. Start search again.

As she's a non skier this will undoubtedly mean days to Vancouver or somewhere. At least if I'd got her into the Banff springs she could have moped around in the spa. Wonder if the Chateau is available?
snow report
nbt wrote:
Cymru am Byth, SOrry, yesy it is - I was referrring to SQuare deals in general. THey do three tiers - you can specify country, resort or accomodation, paying a premium for each level. If you simply choose "Canada", it will most likely be Panorama.

Or if you're really unlucky -can it be Kimberley? In which case you're probably better renting a car and driving to Fernie.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy