Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big snow in the Alps this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Woop woop! snowHead snowHead snowHead

Big Snow on the way

BIG storm by the looks of it. Browsing the forecasts, most places getting 50cm+ on Fri/Sat then some blue skies on Sunday, oh you lucky lucky people in open resorts. Cold for November too - Verbier max temp -12c on Monday, freezing level down to 0m.

Although not what I needed to read this morning, stuck in Bristol,trying to work and distracted enough already... Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey johnnyrotten, still raining down in Innsbruck but the snow level is down to 1400m. No real wind yet which was forecast to be pretty intense. Should have snow down into Innsbruck this evening.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's the traditional pre holiday season bug in the models, forecasts are always for a lot of snow this time of year, the reality is often for much less.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can confirm that it has been snowing heavily in Chatel since about midday. Big wet flakes at village level, and temperatures forecast to drop to -15 in the village on Saturday night! Better wrap up warm.

I'll let you all know if we get the massive dump which was forecast!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
News from Tignes, it is puking the white stuff at the moment and forecast to continue for the weekend, bring it on!! Razz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
johnnyrotten wrote:
Woop woop! snowHead snowHead snowHead

Big Snow on the way

BIG storm by the looks of it. Browsing the forecasts, most places getting 50cm+ on Fri/Sat then some blue skies on Sunday, oh you lucky lucky people in open resorts. Cold for November too - Verbier max temp -12c on Monday, freezing level down to 0m.

Although not what I needed to read this morning, stuck in Bristol,trying to work and distracted enough already... Sad

Hold on! Why did no-one tell any of us about this upcoming cold weather and snowfall?

Oh... wait... wink snowHead
ski holidays
 brian
brian
carled, you mean you knew about this and you never told us ??!! Shocked Evil or Very Mad wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, yeah... I didn't think anyone would believe the fairy tales though...

Apart from hurtle, of course. She'll swallow anything. So I hear wink

<kennethwilliams>oooooooh Matron!</kennethwilliams>
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowing here south of Munich Very Happy The Alps are getting dumped on right now. Scheduled to continue tomorrow as well Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, carled, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Why are you both getting at me, when I have expressed undying love Puzzled wink wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, Little Angel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carled, ooh-er, I'm feeling faint now.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowing now down in Innsbruck
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle wrote:
carled, ooh-er, I'm feeling faint now.

lol... is that because you have (or, more likely, you haven't yet) seen me in the Snowmedia zone wink

Remember, I'm a snowboarder...
snow conditions
carled,
Quote:

Remember, I'm a snowboarder
Nobody's perfect. wink

Very nice photos, from which I infer that you have a lovely lady, who is more suitable in terms of age (and looks) for you than I am. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad One can but dream...
snow conditions
I do indeed have a lovely lady, and two lovely daughters... but hey, always worth keeping her on her toes, eh? wink
snow conditions
even got snow by the lake in Freidrichshafen this morning. The pictures on TV of the ski resorts look good, all of them seem to have falling snow this morning.
snow report
 brian
brian
davidof wrote:
It's the traditional pre holiday season bug in the models, forecasts are always for a lot of snow this time of year, the reality is often for much less.

My favourite automatic weather station in Switerland is registering 91cm, that's +50cm in the last 24 hours, and it's still snowing. snowHead
ski holidays
Finnaly looking good in Schladming.

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

snow report
 brian
brian
no_snow_in_swindon, Very Happy

... but not in Swindon, presumably. Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian wrote:

lol no. But funnily enough, there is a chance tonight according to the forecasts.

But quite frankly, i couldn't care less as long as there's plenty in Schladming come 24th January!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
brian wrote:
My favourite automatic weather station in Switerland is registering 91cm, that's +50cm in the last 24 hours, and it's still snowing. snowHead

It just hit 100cm. snowHead
snow report
brian, and still snowing here Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Lots of snow fell yesterday in Cham and there are more flakes are falling today. Laughing The Compagnie du Mont Blanc say there isn't enough on the Grands Montets yet to open. But anyone who lives here knows that they won't consider opening unless it is worth their while financially Evil or Very Mad but we keep our fingers crossed all the same. Verbier is open tho' and since it is included on my newly purchased Mont Blanc Unlimited lift pass I'm going to go and test the snow out over the border. They've had a pretty good dump over there too I just hope the strong wind last night hasn't effected the snow too badly. I'll get back to you tomorrow with a full report!
ski holidays
Been snowing all day at Bodensee. We set off for Egg and Au in Bregenzerwald, but stopped at Lindau and went for a beer instead. The roads were pretty bad. The sky is still full of snow. The mountains around here must have got buckets full of the stuff.

I also learnt I need to buy winter tyres for the car if this is the state of things to come.
ski holidays
little snow in the French alps, or at least the grand massif. Snow Forecast has at last caught up with the local weather stations.
snow report
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
brian wrote:

lol no. But funnily enough, there is a chance tonight according to the forecasts.

But quite frankly, i couldn't care less as long as there's plenty in Schladming come 24th January!!! Very Happy

I soooooo nearly booked Schladming on the 24th, we could have had a Swindon Snowheads meet snowHead but I'm off to Soll instead...........
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
twoodwar, the flaine webcam seemed to have a bit of snow, and there was snow in Les Carroz?
snow conditions
I'm in Morzine and there's SOOOOOOO much snow!!!!!
snow report
Clairev_1, you are not a welcome addition wink
snow conditions
arv, I take it you won't like me telling how big these proper powder flakes are and how bad the vis is because of just how many are falling down...

Sorry..... Can you tell how much I am looking forward to this season?!?
snow conditions
Clairev_1, haha welcome to sH's!
snow report
After a sunny day in Bodensee, it just started snowing again. I am looking for a resort for next weekend, quite a few opening then. St Anton or Ischgyl or favourites
snow conditions
a quick scout of my usual cams and it seems its dumping in Meribel and Chamonix at the moment snowHead
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
brian wrote:

I soooooo nearly booked Schladming on the 24th, we could have had a Swindon Snowheads meet snowHead but I'm off to Soll instead...........

We've booked it as it conincides with the Mens Nightrace slalom. Can't wait!
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
brian wrote:

I'm going on the 24th, but i won't be watching the Night Slamom. I can normally see it from the hotel window anyway...

I'm no expert, but from my experience, end of january start of Feb is roughly the best period for snow.
ski holidays
Herr Hefski wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:
brian wrote:

I'm going on the 24th, but i won't be watching the Night Slamom. I can normally see it from the hotel window anyway...

I'm no expert, but from my experience, end of january start of Feb is roughly the best period for snow.

Sorry, no interest in thread as such, just trying to play my part in the world record attempt for the longest and most pointless quote-on-quote-on-quote-on-quote-on-etc-ad-nausem
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
Herr Hefski wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:
brian wrote:

Sorry, no interest in thread as such, just trying to play my part in the world record attempt for the longest and most pointless quote-on-quote-on-quote-on-quote-on-etc-ad-nausem

It isn't fair to do it. You are clogging the gloating of the alps dwellers.
ski holidays
arv wrote:
red 27 wrote:
Herr Hefski wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:
brian wrote:

It isn't fair to do it. You are clogging the gloating of the alps dwellers.

True! My apologies, I will withdraw
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy