Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Raunchy Swiss Ski Ad Wins Obs Award

Poster: A snowHead

Something for the ladies, this one. Last season Swiss Tourism ran a publicity campaign featuring the "Sexy Swiss Ski Teacher". The idea was to improve the dull image of Swiss skiing and ski teachers. Well the campaign has won the prestiges Obs-Award in Munich for the category "Events and Campaigns".

http://www.newsaktuell.de/specials/obs_2008/index.htx?page=obs2008

Here is a large version for your 52" Hi Definition TV

http://media.node5.ovaz.ch/index.cfm/3,79,971/Skilehrerorig.jpg

So ladies does Swiss Ski Teacher do it for you? Or do you prefer DogtagMan? Maybe we need a poll?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Or do you prefer DogtagMan

Hold the Poll, I hear rumours of DogTag lady Toofy Grin wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not a helmet in sight!

This is no good for the reputation of swiss ski instruction..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey? What's with all this objectification? I don't think it's appropriate to objectify women or men and these threads and comments are starting to like one big excuse to increase the sleaze factor around here. Yuck.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flowa wrote:
Hey? What's with all this objectification? I don't think it's appropriate to objectify women or men and these threads and comments are starting to like one big excuse to increase the sleaze factor around here. Yuck.

Good alternative opinion, keep 'em coming.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
He looks very air brushed to me but not bad on the eye. He also has the same make skis as me so he must be ok!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

Or do you prefer DogtagMan

Hold the Poll, I hear rumours of DogTag lady Toofy Grin wink

A Dogtag Lardy would be a laugh
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof wrote:
So ladies does Swiss Ski Teacher do it for you?
He does indeed. Dogtag man is but a pup compared to this hard-bodied hunk of deliciousness.

flowa wrote:
So that wasn't you 'objectifying' those shirtless young things on johnnyboy's thread last year? wink
snow report
 brian
brian
A less than impressed response from Switzerland here:

http://blog.i-g.ch/index.php?2007/12/07/294-des-moniteurs-de-ski-pour-blondes

Is a female moniteur a monitrice ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian wrote:

To quote steve martin

"In French, oeuf means egg, cheese is fromage... it's like those French have a different word for everything."
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I loved the whole campaign and voted fairly frequently but if I remeber right the bloke who won wasn't really up to much. Wouldn't have said no though wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ickabodblue, Can't remeber how to spell remember. All this talk of hunky ski instructors is getting me all flustered. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DogTag Man looks less precious, so my vote goes there.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I once asked that - can't remember the exact answer, but I think it amounted to "no". Or rather, I said "monitrice" and was corrected. Can a French speaker enlighten us?

IIRC those ski instructor lads last year were all a bit unformed.....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As a potatoshop expert, I can safely say there's been a fair bit of 'doctoring' done to that image. But yeah, he's a fit chap alright! Have they put especially short skis next to him to make him look taller...?
snow report
As someone who photographs similar models, I have to agree that a fair amount of post-prod was done on that chap but I would venture to say the 'groundwork' was already there. Yeah baby!
And in answer to your question queen bodecia, the perspective of the pic is a little foreshortened. That said, looking at at his body proportions, I would say he is a tad on the short side...
ski holidays
Short men. Pah! Useless. Snigger... Very Happy
snow conditions
pam w, I'd have said that the answer was 'yes' but no doubt the forum's main expert in all things French will be along shortly to correct me. Could it be, nowadays, that some don't like to use the word, in the way that some actresses prefer to be called actors?
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
I said "monitrice" and was corrected.

Not by someone French I hope... oh I remember, you live in the sept-quatre where French is a 2nd language. Laughing
snow report
I see the new 'high speed' Borovets chair gets a mention as well.

http://www.newsaktuell.de/images/site/obsawards/2008/585_jt.jpg
latest report
Quote:

Not by someone French I hope..

I can only remember vaguely - it was someone local - I may well be remembering it wrong and it seems that I was left with the wrong impression. So I shall not hesitate to refer to someone as a monitrice in future! It wouldn't be the first time I had grasped the wrong bout de la baguette.
latest report
Yes, a female instructor is a Monitrice
snow report
it reminds me of friend who i used to rollerblade with in Paris who told me she was a "monteur". I said surely you mean a "menteuse". No, she laughed, monteur - it is someone who edits films.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh good a) I was right and b) the 'expert' didn't materialize. Result. Toofy Grin
latest report
davidof wrote:
pam w wrote:
I said "monitrice" and was corrected.

Not by someone French I hope... oh I remember, you live in the sept-quatre where French is a 2nd language. Laughing

David how is Savoie pronounced ?
ski holidays
Fit, but… I don't like his bellybutton Toofy Grin
latest report
Looks like the sort of man who spends far too much time admiring himself in the gym - big thumbs down here. Dogtag man resembles Mr L, though he needs a few more hairs on the chest in order to look like something legal.
snow report
queen bodecia, Zero-G, Ladies, let's not forget its not the size, but what you do with it that's important.

That said, Swiss ski instructor looks too thin (probably the airbrushing) I much prefered my original Swiss ski instructor who was quite a hunk. So in the current contest Mr Dogtag gets my vote (now all we need is a way of expanding the section that 'tears' wink )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum wrote:
Ladies, let's not forget its not the size, but what you do with it that's important.
they've got you believing that one too? Toofy Grin
To be fair, despite all of our 'pickiness' I don't think any of us would turn down Swiss Ski Instructor for a bit of diversionary fun...
latest report
Zero-G, Nope, wouldn't turn down either of them!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
As a potatoshop expert, I can safely say there's been a fair bit of 'doctoring' done to that image. But yeah, he's a fit chap alright! Have they put especially short skis next to him to make him look taller...?

I have pretty much the same skis (07-08 or 08-09 Stockli Laser SL 166, I can read the radius, so i'm pretty much 100% sure of that)
And since I have them i can also measure the skis are between 28 and 30 cm deep in the snow Wink
snow conditions
Zero-G, Certainly not, I expect they both demonstrate their abilities in different ways wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy