Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on resorts near Egypt (poss lebanon etc) ??????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey I've just moved to Egypt and am contemplating the annual ski trip only now but for some reason the travel agents over here are looking at me funny when I request some snow:) Some people in work said they'd gone to Lebanon but then it all kicked off there but it's settled down a wee bit now and a few have headed over just for some sight seeing with no trouble. Rumors Syria might be possible although the one in Israel Mt Hermon for how it looks seems expensive for the quality (and also the issue of the Israel stamp on the passport could be an issue for me)

Mainly wondering if anyone has advice about resorts, quality of snow and the price or a name of hotels or something.

Thanks for the help

Ki
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No advice never been but i assume you have tried....

www.Skileb.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I reckon the pyramids would provide at least a 45 degree gradient.....do they have snow making?? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a friend who says he went skiing on Jordan when he was in the navy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife went skiing in Lebanon a few years ago, can't remember which resort. They actually had too much snow so were pretty much hotel bound for a couple of the days they were there. However I doubt you'll be able to put too much reliability on the snow at any given time. Big advantage is that I'm pretty sure its a short transfer time from Beirut.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
was going to go to Lebanon a few years ago, but then Israel invaded and bomb the place..meat to be good, if not exactly to alp standards! but the foods meant to be great and the night life..but that was before the recent troubles.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can occasionally ski, after a hike, near the summit of Jabal Katherina in the Sina Peninsula in Egypt in Jan and Feb.

Beyond that, Jordan, Cedars in Lebanon and Mount Hermon in Israel are among your best bets.

Unless you're going for the novelty factor, you're probably better off hopping on a quick plane to the Alps.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Your best bet is either of the places Whitegold, has mentioned. That said however, you will not have a weeks skiing at either place! You will not need an Israeli stamp in your passport, they know the routine and will stamp a piece of paper and leave it in the passport for the outbound trip!

TBH you should just get a flight out of Egypt and go somewhere more mainstream! Most of my friends will do weekends in the Hermon and go to europe for week long holidays.

kiki83, Enjoy your stay and welcome to snowHead s
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
I have a friend who says he went skiing on Jordan when he was in the navy.

Yes she does have a couple of marvelous peaks that may well be above the snowline when she's horizontal...... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chasseur, not since the second round of surgery!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy