Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling with a young baby...

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I need helpful advice and tips with regards to going on a skiing holiday with a small baby.

We're about to book a week at hotel Cal Ruiz in Pas de la casa, not my first choice but my Father in law & Mrs has already booked this holiday and we're working on the basis that it'll be good to have some family about for company and maybe even do a bit of baby sitting?

This is our first sprog and he'll only be 6 months old when we plan to travel and we want to be as prepared as possible, to be honest I'm dreading the travelling, I've been to Andorra before (Soldeu) and know it's a long transfer, I suppose my biggest worry is the thought of all the other passengers being driven mad by a screaming baby for a 1.5 hour flight followed by a 3.5 hour transfer.

I'm sure there are lots of things we've not even considered, like how were going to sterilise bottles etc when it's a half board hotel (no microwave). Like I say all constructive comment welcome wink

Cheers Mac
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Remember to pack warm clothing - but in layers - not just one thick item
so you can adjust temperature of baby accordingly

find the place in the room with the most even temperature, and get the cot as near as possible

make sure you have a bath - one year we didnt - and had to use a washing up bowl
on the floor - not very easy

for steralising - look out for the cold steralising kits - these use a tablet in a bag - and are very easy - get baby used to them a few weeks before, as the initial taste may be a bit offputting.

get the details of the hotel and contact them a couple of weeks before and put your needs ( bath etc) in writing.

take the calpol etc with you.

remember that at the airport you can usually only get away with 1 bottle of milk ( 100ml rule ) so you may need to take one each.

also - the milk is usually UHT - get baby used to that a few weeks prior too
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The_Mac_Daddy, first of all STOP PANICKING. It's great to be going with family - you'll get far more ski time. Also, lots of six month old babies are perfectly charming travel companions - certainly preferable to many others - and you've only a short journey. There are a lot of threads with good advice about travelling with babies. My main bit of advice, if it's not already too late, is that breastfed babies are infinitely easier to travel with. You can pacify them at any time, and you don't need to sterilise bottles! It's really sad that you're "dreading" your holiday, or at least dreading the travelling. It'll probably be the easiest holiday you'll do with your sprog until he's at least five years old! 6 month old babies stay where they're put, for a start.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The_Mac_Daddy, yes if you do need to use sterilizing tablets, get baby used to them well before you go. Been there, done that and had a problem with baby refusing 'milton' tasting teats - this was after endless rinsing in boiling water so they can obviously detect easily Very Happy Luckily was still breastfeeding too so managed to just about cope but wasn't fun!

You will have a lovely time, don't worry too much, plan well ahead and don't bring everything but the kitchen sink (you could be forgiven for thinking that you will need lots of equipment, as babies have so much now, in reality you can leave most of it at home). One thing I would add is to bring a robust smallish buggy, at six months he should be able to use a McLaren type one, with adjustable wheels to cope with footpaths in resort.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The_Mac_Daddy, Tommy was six months old when we took him to Les Gets and we used the trip as an opportunity to start him with things like solid foods (meat, potatoes etc) and non-sterilised bottles and the like. He absolutely thrived with the novelty of real food and it made the whole experience a lot less stressful for us!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

non-sterilised bottles

call me a fuss-back bottom, but I don't think I'd stop sterilising at 6 months, especially travelling. However, my third baby was born in a house with three showers but no bath and was therefore showered from the beginning. Typically - one parent in shower, washes self. Second parent undresses baby and hands her in. First parents washes baby, rinses off, and hands out to second parent to dry. It would not be a good idea to start this routine at 6 months old though - they tend to have quite firm ideas of their own by then! Also, we were living in the tropics at the time and the rather cool showers needed for baby were more agreeable than they might be in a ski resort. But putting baby on the floor of the shower, lying on a towel for comfort, and washing him with a hand held shower attachment would probably be fine. Baby 3 adored water from the start whereas baby No 1, bathed infinitely carefully in a proper baby bath, was such a wimp he was four years old before he could be persuaded to put head under water, even though he had been taken "swimming" regularly!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The_Mac_Daddy, If your baby has a dummy, take spares (may sound obvious, but having witnessed one frantic family scouring the hotel for the ONE dummy they had taken and Junior had dropped somewhere, you wouldn't want to replicate the experience!). Take any other little comfort things he has, such as a special teddy, but really no need to carry the entire nursery with you - babies adapt. Calpol is a must, just in case, and sachets are obviously better than a bottle. If you have a travel kettle (very small and light) take that as it's useful for making up formula or rinsing dummies and teats. You'll find that hotels are used to guests with babies and can usually provide help if asked and DO ask for a room with a bath, not a shower. I speak from experience rolling eyes Finally, don't dread it! Few people REALLY object to a fractious baby and can put up with any crying etc for a couple of hours - it's not the end of the world Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't worry about other people not being able to cope with screaming babies for hours on end - this is the iPod generation, and all of them will be plugged into something for the whole journey. The long transfer will be worse for you than for your son - our son loves travelling, as long as he can get some sleep occasionally, because of all the interesting sounds and sights. At 6 months, he should be fine - ours is now 2, which is much more difficult, as although he's a big fan of planes, trains, etc, he hates to be kept in one place for any length of time. Your son won't be panicking about the hairpin bends, and whether the driver is going too fast while phoning his mates.

The TO coaches normally stop half way for a break - this can be an out-of-town bar/restaurant place with little option but to eat there or starve, so if you think your transfer will run over a mealtime for the adults, take enough snacks or sandwiches to keep everyone happy, which also avoids queueing with 4 coach loads to be served stale baguettes by the two people in the bar.

One warning though is that TO transfers from Toulouse to Pas de la Casa might be quoted as 3 to 3.5 hours, but that's the journey time from when the coach leaves. As we found, most TOs will have you hanging around on the bus for 30-90 minutes waiting for other flights to arrive, or trying to find Fred from Chatham, or asking who owns the pink case which has split open. We've never done a TO transfer since our first on this route, for exactly this reason.

On the up side, Pas de la Casa has a few advantages for people with babies, the most obvious of which is that the only places to eat are in town, either at the bottom of the main slope, or down its edge, so meeting up for lunch is easy. The other is that it is mainly flat, and usually fairly clear of snow, so getting about with a buggy is not as difficult as it can be in many places.

A friend of ours took their 6 week old baby on a trip there, and mum managed to ski for a couple of days despite breast feeding and medical advice to do nothing strenuous for 10 weeks after her caesarian delivery... rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Take as much food/milk as airport will allow usually 100ml), and buy extras in boots when through security. We got stuck at an airport for 8 hours with our sixth month old, and 4 year old and it was not fun.
I ended up buying bottled water and formula in the boots in the airport past security in order to make sure we had enough.

The plane often hurts babies and small childrens ears, so give them calpol or better still medised at least 30 mins before take off and landing if a new dose is required. Pack enough stuff that if you had to you could survive for 12-15 hours, as from start to finish including the delay our flight took off at 12 noon instead of 5am, and we did not arrive into resort until 7pm in the evening. It was a hard day, but the holiday was superb and wasn't spolit by the travelling day. Don't dread the travelling just make sure you are equiped as although these kind of delays are rare they do occassionally happen.

We have travelled with both of our children from an early age, (8weeks) and find that generally its all fine but its always best to be prepared for the worst, then anything else is an improvement!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would echo the thoughts of others - if you are relaxed about the travelling then so will the baby. As for the other passengers - in my experience the children tend to behave better than the adults. A couple of point I would add

1) For long transfers I would take a few toys in hand luggage
2) The 100ml limited is pretty relaxed when baby/childrens stuff is concerned - you will just have to taste it infront of the security staff to prove that it is what you say
3) Sterilising bottles - surely boiling water should be OK (admit this might not sit well with everyone but the bottles should stand the temp as a microwave steriliser uses steam)
4) A dummy is useful on the flight to help them equalise the pressure in their ears - I have found that the best thing to do is to try and get them to use it once you start taxing on the runway. The swallowing motion helps them keep the ears equalised.
5) Bath better than shower but not the end of the world

We travelled to St.Anton in a group of 30 somethings with a 6 month old and there were no real issues. If you start them early then they get used to it and now my kids want to know when they are next going to get up at 5am to go on holiday (5, 3 and 4months). The longest I have done on a plane was UK to NZ with a 20 month and 2 month and the kids coped better than we as adults did.

Enjoy the holiday.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

take enough snacks or sandwiches to keep everyone happy, which also avoids queueing with 4 coach loads to be served stale baguettes by the two people in the bar.

the voice of experience....and that's if there's any baguettes left by the time you get to the front of the queue. I remember an unseemly scuffle in Chambery airport for the two last croissants.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The_Mac_Daddy, Don't worry! Believe me, your concern about other people worrying about a screaming baby will disappear after a while (remember they were babies once!!). I've got 3 littl'uns and you become immune to crying after a while! A good trick I have always found is, if you are on a non-allocated seating flight and, as your baby will have to go on your lap, make sure you and your partner take the middle and aisle seats in a row and try and get your baby awake and prominently on display....believe me, the last place a single traveller wants to sit is next to someone else's child so it'll be the last seat to be taken...then, when the plane takes off, you can shift over and have a seat between you..if you're lucky!

To be honest I've taken mine away lots of times and never had a problem. The pressure often knocks them out on a plane anyway so it's usually ok.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fizz wrote:

The plane often hurts babies and small childrens ears, so give them calpol or better still medised at least 30 mins before take off and landing if a new dose is required.

However, note that current advice is to use Calpol/paracetamol in under 1s only when you child is in pain or has a temperature, as it may increase the chances of your child developing asthma - see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7623230.stm

Most children have no problems in equalising the pressure in their ears on aircraft - swallowing helps, and if it becomes uncomfortable, they will cry, which helps to ease the pressure. By all means have the Calpol on standby, but don't pre-dose them just on the off-chance that they may have issues.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi - this is MRS Mac Daddy

The one concern I have is feeding as I will only have just begun to wean him and other than baby rice was wondering if there is any other food that we can take that can again be mixed with breast/formula milk ???

I am Breastfeeding him now and think I may continue just to get through the holiday - sounds like it will make life easier.

I am sure we are worrying unnecessarily but wanted to get some advice from people that have done it before because you can guarantee that there will be something that we wished we had taken and not and I am hoping you guys have covered most of the bascis for us aswell as some handy hints and tips. wink

I have been warned that even if you ask for a cot in the room you don't always get it - what do you do if it doesn't arrive, don't fancy having him on the floor OR in with us for the week??

Thanks for all your advice it is much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The_Mac_Daddy, if you asked for a cot and have written confirmation that it will be provided, get them to provide one - even if they have to send a taxi to the nearest town to buy a new one. Or, buy one yourself, keep the receipt, and hand it over to them at the end of the holiday complete with a copy of the receipt and a bill for expenses.

However, in 99.9% of cases they will have a cot - many families travel with a baby, and they are used to their requirements. If you are really worried, take a travel cot with you. Then you know it is clean, safe, and suitable - but the TOs aren't stupid, and will do their best to provide what you need.
snow conditions
With ref to cots you can but pop up ones in mamas and papas now which don't take up any room at all and there ok for a weks hol, we have taken ours since she was 2 months old and they get used to planes and like the others say there are not many people that moan if they little'n starts to grizzle.

Just remember to take toys on the plane and maybe a bottle to try and fed when decending.

jase
latest report
Mrs_The_Mac_Daddy, Both of my babies were breast fed in ski resorts, Mrs BS says that it was far the best option and neither her nor babies noticed any different from feeding at home.
One small note of warning some friends of ours bottle fed their baby on the journey down the mountain, the change in pressure coming down caused an air lock and projectile milk vomitting Toofy Grin
If the cot is not there, (make sure you have this 'special request' acknowledged in writing) jump up and down and make a fuss until one appears!
Relax and enjoy your hard earned holiday Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

I am Breastfeeding him now and think I may continue just to get through the holiday - sounds like it will make life easier.

It's certainly true to say that your boobies are easy to pack, don't need sterilising and are unlikely to be either searched or confiscated by airport officials. Laughing

Re cots: only a very masochistic rep/hotel manager would fail to generate a cot for a six month old. Irate parents are a huge pain in the bum.
snow report
I have just spoken to them, they won't put it in writing but will ALMOST guarantee they will have one as it is listed as with infant.

I can defeinately do the 'huge pain in the bum' thing if needed wink
snow conditions
Wholeheartedly agree with Pam M - life is much simpler with babies this age if you are still breastfeeding - if I were you I would carry on until after the holiday - you don't need to worry about the sterilising business/heating bottles etc. We took both ours away from 3 months and haven't had any major problems.

Agree with the suggestion that sometimes pressurisation when flying is an issue - try to feed whilst landing as this helps their ears (like swallowing). Both mine used to fall asleep on the plane at this age, rather like they do in the car so the flight often wasn't an issue till they got older and boredom was a problem. Take a bag of favourite toys and get them out at intervals if baby gets restless!

Yes take the sachets of Calpol/Brufen etc. Some of my friends swear by some of the sedative cold remedies whilst travelling (medised etc). Not sure whether you can use it in babies this age but if you think you might try it out at home first - whilst it is usually sedative it makes some kids manic and you don't want to find out yours is one of these mid-flight!

Re feeding etc - we used to go to France and never had any problems using the French baby food etc so just used to buy everything there - although we didn't start skiing until the youngest was 4 - would be useful for you to know whether there is a decent supermarket in resort for baby food/nappies etc. When we were weaning I used to give finger food quite alot in addition to baby rice etc - toast, mashed banana, soggy chips! were all readily available and one could happily keep my 6/12 old quietly gumming it through our meal! However although it was only 6 yrs ago, recommendations re weaning have changed since and you are now encouraged to leave this later.

Good to go with a tour operator then you will have a rep to sort out any issues re cot etc - make sure they earn their money! A lightweight buggy is very useful for airports/transfers etc - they will usually let you keep it with you to the plane steps then put it in the hold.

Finally don't worry about others and crying babies - the crying doesn't seem nearly as loud if you are not the child's parent who has to deal with it - although do prepare to spend some of the flight standing up and jiggling! Take it in turns, don't stress and handover to grandparents every now and again - kids (esp babies this age) can be remarkably tolerant of change and travelling
latest report
Quote:

projectile milk vomitting

projected breast milk smells far more agreeable than projected formula, though! Strongly urge you to continue breastfeeding, for all sorts of reasons. I never breastfed in a ski resort but did so in lots of other places including Disneyworld (where they tend to disapprove and I told them to get stuffed) and it was particularly useful travelling. Don't make the mistake I did, though, when we travelled for two months with baby 3 from when she was 6 weeks old. I knew I really "should" give her milk in a bottle from time to time but really couldn't be bothered with all the faff. When I had to go back to work she would scream the house down for hours rather than take a bottle...

You can leave grandparents with a bottle of formula (or expressed breastmilk if you are really fanatical) when you are out skiing.

At 6 months you really do need a cot. At 6 - 12 weeks we didn't, because they stay where put and she slept all over the place - in a drawer, in the hotel in Orlando. We couldn't possibly have carted a travel cot around - or a pushchair, come to that, travelling with three kids and no car. I used a carrier all the time but in a ski resort I'd be a bit scared of falling over. They seem to love those little sledge things, though. You can hire those, and buggies, in ski resorts. A travel cot is extra to carry, but with several adults in the group that shouldn't be a problem and has the advantage that you could get him used to it before you go. Babies can be very conservative.

There's not much excuse for allowing a breast-fed baby to scream on a plane (or anywhere else). Shove a t*t in. wink
latest report
pam w, It was projectile formula vomiting even after having the car properly valeted after getting home it still smelled, fortunately it was a company car so our friends were able to change it quite quickly Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I admire you for continuing to breastfeed - to get to 6 months is quite rare in our society!

For weaning foods I've found that most hotels will try to accomodate you and will cook simple veg without salt and puree it for you. Alternatively you can usually order a jacket potato and mix the inside with formula or breastmilk. Since the reccomendations are now for weaning after 6 months you don't have to worry about sterilizing the cooking utensils or bowls and spoons which was always a hassle when weaning at 4 months. Another option would be to buy enough Pure Baby commercial food to last for your holiday, and pay the excess baggage! Also if the baby is closer to 7 months than just 6 months then a wider range of foods should have been tried and things like yoghurt will be on the menu.

For the sun problem buy a full sun shade for your buggy - they are made in Australia and look like very heavy mosquito netting, I don't remember the brand but I would imagine a decent pram shop would know (I last bought one this summer in Peter Jones).

As for everything else, it will be available in some shape or form. (Except for Similac formula, which isn't available in the UK, either).

For the actual travelling part take twice as many nappies as you think you need, and at least 2 more changes of clothing than you would expect. Have the baby travel in a sleep suit with a vest underneath, then you can add layers as necessary. Take a lightweight blanket or sheet as well as a wool one and as many muslins as changes of clothes, plus a couple spare. This will give you enough so that you can lie baby down in the plane or on a seat in the airport if necessary. Take a good selection of small toys and leave the big ones at home. A portable DVD player and Baby Einstein DVDs can be useful if you are that way inclined. Keep to your normal feed times as much as possible during the journey and don't worry too much about sleep times. I don't know what the time difference is from the UK to Andorra but it can't be too much so it may be worth just shifting your normal routine rather than adapting to local time.

For sterilising bottles use either steribags or milton tablets and a plastic lidded box. The steribag solution is stronger tasting than the milton (or boots own) and has to be rinsed in boiling water - it will bleach dark clothing. Don't forget the bottle brush!

If you can appear relaxed and happy, or at least confident, that baby will travel well then that's more likely to happen. Having one person responsible for baby (probably Mum) and only baby usually makes things flow more smoothly. Children generally live up to your expectations! Expect to move at a slower pace, and to put baby's needs first.

(If all else fails hire a nanny? Little Angel )
snow report
Quote:

If all else fails hire a nanny?

But they have a granny!! More committed than a nanny and far, far, cheaper.
snow report
pam w, hmmmmm - I've met many grannys far less committed than I am (most are quite glad to hand the baby back!) I agree with the cheapness - I'm very expensive! Laughing
snow conditions
pollittcl, well, the grannies I know are pretty committed as well as cheap. Last time I was looking after my grandkids the household had run out toilet rolls and I had to run down to the shop, with two kids in tow, and buy some.....
snow conditions
pam w, don't get me started on some of the families I've worked for! My current charge is 3 weeks old and I wouldn't leave him with either set of Grandparents - Granny 1 left him on the changing table and went downstairs and outside to have a smoke! But then the parents have gone out of the country for the weekend leaving me literally holding the baby - most people wouldn't leave a newborn with someone they've only known for three weeks. I suppose i'm not an average nanny! Laughing Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
And perhaps they are not average parents if they can afford a nanny, and as such grandparents are not used to looking after their kids, as they didn't do so themselves.

My kids grandparents certainly wouldn't behave like that.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some parents attitudes to babys amaze me, last summer we had a mother quite hapy to leave an 8 week old baby in her hotel bedroom and go to a wedding reception 5 miles away, we only became aware when she asked about the baby listening service and who she should leave her mobile phone number with Shocked
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
Some parents attitudes to babys amaze me, last summer we had a mother quite hapy to leave an 8 week old baby in her hotel bedroom and go to a wedding reception 5 miles away, we only became aware when she asked about the baby listening service and who she should leave her mobile phone number with Shocked
Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Anniepen, Quite, my wife was polite but firm to the womans face but came into the office seething!
latest report
Boredsurfing, pollittcl, there's obviously plenty of child neglect on the more affluent side of society, too. I don't actually know anyone rich enough to have a nanny so my comment about grandparents being more committed was not very well founded, really! I'm sure that for lots of poor little rich kids a good nanny is a lifeline.

However, I'm sure the OP's family will be just great at doing their share of looking after babies. My son and DIL are expecting their third baby (rather sooner than planned... Shocked ) before the end of the month so I expect to be doing more than my bit over the next 6 weeks, as will their other granny. I wouldn't miss it for the world but I shall probably not be entirely unhappy when I come home and can do things like sit down and read the paper for an hour. I am reasonably fit and active for my age but you soon realise why it's young people who have babies; just getting them all in and out of their car seats is exhausting and I once had to ask a random passing mother, in Bristol, how to unfold the buggy.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Boredsurfing, pollittcl, there's obviously plenty of child neglect on the more affluent side of society, too. I don't actually know anyone rich enough to have a nanny so my comment about grandparents being more committed was not very well founded, really! I'm sure that for lots of poor little rich kids a good nanny is a lifeline.

However, I'm sure the OP's family will be just great at doing their share of looking after babies. My son and DIL are expecting their third baby (rather sooner than planned... Shocked ) before the end of the month so I expect to be doing more than my bit over the next 6 weeks, as will their other granny. I wouldn't miss it for the world but I shall probably not be entirely unhappy when I come home and can do things like sit down and read the paper for an hour. I am reasonably fit and active for my age but you soon realise why it's young people who have babies; just getting them all in and out of their car seats is exhausting and I once had to ask a random passing mother, in Bristol, how to unfold the buggy.

My stepmother has recently returned from helping out her son and DIL with their new daughter whislt the son was working away for a week (2nd baby in less than 2 years - they should get a TV Very Happy ) - Stepmother lost nearly half a stone in a week and has never been so exhausted! Came home and said never again! She will of course, but I think she was taken aback by just hard much like hard work it was
ski holidays
i don't have kids myself but a lot of our guests with younger children sometimes find http://www.bebebel.co.uk useful as it cuts down on the amount of baggage you need to lug around. sure its a tad more expensive BUT they feel ultimately worth it as airline baggage allowance can be used for useful things like fags and vodka from duty free...
snow report
pam w, I really wish society was still as close knit as it used to be - at one point the entire family lived in the same town , or close by, and perhaps even in the same street and so the Grandparents were a lifeline in looking after the children. What I'm finding more and more, is that Grandparents are getting older, because people are waiting longer to have children - most families I work for are in their late 30s or early 40s. And people have tended to travel away from their home areas to find work. I'd trust my parents with any child but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so because my parents are in their late 60s and just not fit enough to attempt full time care. Congratulations on the new grandchild when it appears - I'm so glad that you will get chance to help out. snowHead

Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread! Embarassed
snow conditions
The_Mac_Daddy - Although we never took the children on a skiing holiday when they were babies, we did do lots of other travelling with them. To reassure you, I have to say that was the easiest age. They can't run off, can't ask endless questions as to whether we are nearly there when the resort coach has just left the airport, and generally seem to sleep well with all the motion of travel. I did find it a bit harder once they were weaned as both refused to eat anything out of a jar, but both survived holidays eating petit filous and mashed banana and were none the worse for wear as a result! Big plus having the grandparents with you to share the load. Also, we never had a problem with no cot being provided in hotels, though would recommend you take your own baby bedding as that was usually a bit ropey or non existent!! Enjoy your holiday!
snow conditions
I always looked at it as skiing holidays or kids
snow conditions
Go to Centre Parcs and stop being so selfish.
ski holidays
Good point about cot bedding - lots of places don't supply it because parents are obsessively picky and routinely tell you it's dirty/unsuitable when it's blatantly just freshly laundered bog standard baby bedding.
latest report
Lizzard, Laughing I can well believe that. My DIL was pretty dubious about the cot and bedding I'd got for her firstborn, which was bought second hand from an obsessively house-proud neighbour who I've known for years. Now she's just about to produce No. 3 she's relaxed a bit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy