Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Derby de la Meije snowheads team????

Poster: A snowHead
wondered if snowheads might like to enter????

I cann't- Mrs Ed is pregnant with number 3 due end of March-

need 3 people, at least 1 woman, 3 different disciplines; ski, telemark, snowboard, mono, skwal or even mountain bike.......

any takers - 2150m of descent, off piste, no markers, no gates any route except trifides couloirs, the winners do it in about 6 minutes!!!

go on.........
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ummmm...............

Nope I'm busy that day Blush
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was on the hill the same day as the Derby a few years ago, my descent time would have been measured in hours not minutes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
edsilva wrote:

Tease.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex wrote:
edsilva wrote:

Tease.

not really --- I mean it....some teams are very slow- and do take an hour or so...would be fun.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
look if you can ski Grands Montets top to bottom then will be fine...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i will make up part of the team. my weapon of choice will be a bin liner Skullie
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
edsilva, you know what...

Actually I'm tempted, I always thought it was a really serious thing (it probably is for the top guys) but given you can do it in fancy dress... now where did I put my dressing gown? snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How about a kayak as in the other thread (2nd and 3rd clip)...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=44847&highlight=
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swirly wrote:
edsilva, you know what...

Actually I'm tempted, I always thought it was a really serious thing (it probably is for the top guys) but given you can do it in fancy dress... now where did I put my dressing gown? snowHead

that's the spirit.....

fancy dress- a few Gauloise and a bottle or two of red at the half way point....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
derby rules link

http://www.derbydelameije.com/?pg=REGLEMENT_fr&lng=fr&im=6

see snowblades count

really

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
comprex wrote:
edsilva wrote:

Tease.

No, I think you have to be more than a "tease" to get pregnant Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I skied La Grave at the same time as the Derby a few years ago, met some of the few British contenders. One of them got the best British time for the year.

Would love to enter at some point. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been threatening to ski this for a while. The problem for me is work, it usually falls over a weekend when I just can't get away from the chalet. I will always be tempted, so don't count me out (happy to be the telewhacker, sadly I cut my pony tail off and no longer get confused for a girl).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
parlor wrote:
I cut my pony tail off and no longer get confused for a girl).

Except when you strip down to your skinnies and dance on the bar (or so they tell me in the Coco)
snow conditions
rungsp wrote:
parlor wrote:
I cut my pony tail off and no longer get confused for a girl).

Except when you strip down to your skinnies and dance on the bar (or so they tell me in the Coco)

Maybe that's why I kept getting offered a free wax? BS&C not skis. Shocked
latest report
I'll play, if the selectors smile on me...
I've coveted doing this for a while, but never got my finger out to investigate beyond idle speculation.
ski holidays
edsilva, ....apparently Derby de la Meije is on from 1st -3rd, April 2009 ... which is Wednesday to Friday

I probably won't be that far away in La Roche and like paulmck, can offer myself to the selectors ... I ski, I sing and I am an Artist .... Laughing
latest report
BernardC wrote:
edsilva, ....apparently Derby de la Meije is on from 1st -3rd, April 2009 ... which is Wednesday to Friday

Which is always a bummer for me, Easter is one of our busiest times. Sad
snow report
BernardC, Looks like you've got most of the bases covered there.
Anyone prepared to organise this? I would, but i have quite a lot on between now and end Jan
latest report
Spikyhedgehog, Not forgetting that a british woman won the women's freeheel class the year before last - don't think she did it last year. Maybe someone can persuade her to join snowheads for a wee while ..... 2 birds with 1 stone - tele + female + she's fast. Very Happy
ski holidays
Well I'd join in but I suspect it might take me all day and by the time I got to the bottom I'd have missed all the beers. Laughing
snow conditions
easiski, Heather Kay I think???

easiski, you are a snowhead and a girlie- and you live in L2A-- an obvious choice for Team Snowhead DDLM Manager I'd say
ski holidays
paulmck, ... I will have a look and see what's involved ...

edsilva, ... did you have a team booked in and want a 'Seamless Takeover' on BOS / Halifax Style .... Laughing

.... or do you have some devilish and fiendish reason for tempting us innocent snowHead 's ... Laughing Laughing

easiski .... you know the route as well ... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
BernardC, nope- not booked in,

no devilish schemes (about this anyway)

just seems like a good idea and that there are lots of Snowheads who would like it - and some might make a respectable time - and that would be a big achievement cos it looks proper hard....

I really would love to do it (but really Mrs Ed due 23 March and as it is I'm off skiing in La Grave end Jan, and then with our oldest son Feb Half term- so really cant take paternity leave and do the Derby- my reputation as a bad daddy is quite bad enough as it is)

easiski, you know t makes sense
snow conditions
Need some practice for a potential Mega Avalanche entry next year so would be half tempted to do it on bike...providing it ain't knee deep Skullie
ski holidays
Sharkymark, .... one day I was there ... when JT and GrahamN had gone to Serrre Chevalier .... and I had nearly 10m of new powder to myself .... Toofy Grin
latest report
BernardC, I take it that's depth and not length wink

Hmmm, 2.7" studded tyres at 18psi should do it...kind of Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
edsilva, I'm old and slow and scared - wouldn't do at all. Heather on the other hand ... What about Rachel Q - she enjoyed her trip down there. Also, you do need to spend the week leading up to the race there to plan your route. Heather told me that she found a route with significantly fewer moguls which is why she reckons she won!

Sharkymark, You would need to practise your mogul-biking! Shocked
ski holidays
easiski, hmmmm - don't you know I'm just an accident waiting to happen Toofy Grin

Sharkymark, there's someone on a bike on
this video clip at 3.45 mins. Looks fun (on that bit anyway) Very Happy
ski holidays
RachelQ, looks precarious! Skullie
ski holidays
RachelQ, tht all looks like loads of fun. I volunteer for the slow and rather rubbish team.
snow report
Lizzard, that would be my team preference too.
ski holidays
There's nothing to say a team has to try and win - I'm hopeless though , too competitive by half and I'd rather not compete than do so when I know I've no chance of doing well. However the party in the town afterwards is legendary. Very Happy
snow report
Swirly, so we need a slow and rather rubbish telemarker then. Preferably one who knows the way.
snow report
Lizzard, I am a slow and rubbish telemarker (but would have no chance if their was fresh snow)

anyway Mrs ed will have child...

I agree that a fun...have ago effort would be better than a serious go down as fast as possible one (for me at least)
snow report
Lizzard, I'll keep a look out! Maybe place an ad: Wanted one person to slide down mountain on non-standard object. Inability an essential requirement. Maybe I can persuade in garbure we trust to come over with his mono ski although he'd probably still be quicker than me!
ski holidays
Tom from Austria who is a snowHead did it last year on his rather strange RAX invention. You could try to persuade him to be part of the team although he does seem to take it a bit more seriously.
snow report
Lizzard, i know the way and as I have said would be prepared to compete in/on my binbag Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Arno, binbag! Now that's hardcore, and would certainly make up for the rubbishness of the rest of the team. You're on. Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy