Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I have looked through recent threads but would like your opinion.

I need a new pair of goggles, on a bit of a tight budget. Quite happy to buy mail order. Last pair got smashed when I left them in my pocket while tumbling down the off piste at Courmayeur last season - so things that don't break easily would be good.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I like Bolle but they are not the cheapest on the market
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any particular ones of their range?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My new ones are called scream and have a pink coloured double lens with a slightly bug eyed effect which gives slightly better field of view, however they were expensive I think about £80, they do quite a range of styles though I'd suggest one of the cheaper double lens versions
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisb,

I would no longer pay through the nose for googles that will get nicked or smashed. I find Scott quite reasonable and
avoid the obvious fashion statement brands. I would have an orange tint for flat light which is where you really need them.
If you are going anywhere near Chamonix get them from the cheapie shop in Swede city...or Cham-sud. I think it is called techique, sells cheap mountain gear as well, or did a couple of years ago. It might have changed hands, tho'
Expect to pay upto 50eus for a very adequate pair. Scott or Smith will do just fine.

I tend to buy these things after testing them against the sky in the resort...!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have heard really good things about Spy and Rudy Project, as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hey guys i was surfing on ebay and i found these bello googles,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=83608&item=7123318374&rd=1

it says rrp AU$179.99 but is selling for $49.95.
is it worth it? should i buy it?
and is it one size fit all?
can anyone help?! Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a pair of Brikos (Galaxy, IIRC) that I'm very pleased with. Great in sunny conditions, and pretty good in flat-light. The lenses are interchangeable, though they seem to cost about 3/4 price of the goggles. I paid about €55 for mine in Livigno in 2003.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
enoch,

Can't see the link because of our firewall so can't say. Don't recognise the name Bello.
If they are Bolle's then the should be fine. I would use an orange tint...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
aightz JT thanks, i think that's like a crappy rip off brand...
im still looking around.
how are smiths?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
enoch, I think Smiths are fine I seem to recall having a pair once but since I replaced them with the Bolle's I've stuck to that brand
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sweet ill prob get myself a pair of smiths triads after i pay off my bloody phonebill
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just field tested a new pair of Adidas Yodai goggles. Excellent for sun, pretty good in flat light. Was unable to test them in bad conditions though - maybe next trip.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
my current goggles seem to be falling apart (some O-frames) after a few years use. I wonder about some new ones with changeable lenses, does anyone have a recommendation? I'll want to use them with a helmet if that makes a difference.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a pair of UVEX. Cost £25. I'm now reluctant to take them off when it's sunny as they are so comfortable!
My girlfriend has a pair of Smiths at about the same price, but I prefer my UVEX.
latest report
Paul Holland, which model?
ski holidays
Caspar, having a pair of Robins and now Yodais, i agree that adidas make excellent goggles. Really good lenses and no problems with fogging. The Yodais work really well with helmets (whereas the Robins do not - hence the fact that i bought the Yodais whilst the Robins are still going strong)
latest report
Tony Lane,
Yep, I got mine to fit with the helmet - a good fit with no significant gaps.
snow report
skanky, I have no idea off hand rolling eyes sorry
snow conditions
Paul Holland, these?
ski holidays
I think that may be them. I didn't pay much attention to the model when I bought them! The guy just shoved a load at me and I picked the ones which were most comfy Cool . I've not had any problems with fogging and they seem fine in bad light conditions.
snow report
Paul Holland, thanks. I just can't seem to get a pair that work in bad light - whatever the tint that all seem to just produce a flat, coloured view, instead of a flat, white view. I was thinking I'd have to move up a price range or two, but these are pretty cheap.
snow report
skanky, I wouldn't trust my opinion too much! I certainly feel they are better than sunglasses or nothing at all in bad light though.
My partner's Smiths goggles are not as good... They just turn everything pink. I've never had the chance to try more expensive pairs in anger.
latest report
Paul Holland, at that price I'd risk the pruchase for a week. However, I think I'll wait 'til I get there. If I ask nicely, they may let me step outside the shop in the blizzard. Actually, I do have a pair that are fine for bad weather, just useless in flat light.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy